school pt 3

The Next Day

Essence POV:

"What about this one?" I came out of the dressing room with a sun dress on. I invited Arri, Lexi, and Khori to go shopping with me after school today. Everyone was a little tense today because of what happened yesterday. Arri didn't come to school today, so the lunch table was kinda empty. Langston didn't come either.

" No" Lexi said.

"Nah" Khori said while giving me a thumbs down. I looked to Arri for her opinion , but she was too busy textin' on her phone. She know she was cheesin'. I'm glad that she's feelin' betta but I need her help right now.

" Arri!" I yelled, snapin' her back to reality. She looked at us confused. I pointed to the outfit.

" Oh....uhm...." she gave me a look " Hell no!" she laughed. She got up and walked to the back of the store.

" And where do you think you're going?" I asked.

"I'm gonna go get you the best outfit ever for your date" she gave me a reassuring smile. I went to go sit on the store couch with Lexi and Khori.

" What's up with Arri? She so giddy today. And who is she talkin' to she been on that phone since we got here?" we all looked at her going through the racks.

"Rashad" Khori said.

"What?" me and Lexi said in unison.

" Girl, Julian told me that ever since yesterday, her and Rashad been talkin' no stop. They s'posed to be goin' out Friday after school" she explained.

" OMG, I didn't know that they were that serious. She did look real happy with him yesterday at lunch" I looked at her and saw her looking at the shoes.

" I feel so bad for Lang" Lexi said. I looked at her confused.

" What da hell does he got to do with anything" Khori asked.

"Well, DayDay said that ever since she got here, Lang been sprung off her ass. Everywhere they went, he was talkin' bout her. He think they had some goin' on on the side."

" What!!!!!" me and Khori said.

"Uhm huh" Lexi just shook her head.

"Damn. Y'all got some gossipin' ass men" I laughed as Arri came back to us.

" What so funny?" she asked still textin on her phone. This girl too whipped.

"Nothin" we said.

" Okay well go try this on" she handed me a dress with some heels. I got up and walked into the dressing room. Three minutes later I walked out the room.

"OH Mi God!" Khori said. " You look gorgeous!'

" Damn Arri you got some skills, girl" Lexi said.

" Essie, go ahead and see" Arri said. She pointed to a mirror. I walked over and almost fainted. I looked SEXY AF!

" Ohmiigod Arri, I LOVE it!!!!!!!" I ran over and hugged her. She fell back on the couch.

" I'm glad, but I don't swing that way girl. Get off me" she chuckled.

" You know you like it" I said gettin up off her. She blew me a kiss.

"Yall niggahs gay" Khori said.

" I'm finna go pay for this then we can go" I said walking to the register. I can't wait for Justin to see me tonight.