14

August 20th

August 20th

I've been with Kai for a total of four days; only one of those days I've been awake.

I wouldn't say it's awkward and I definitely wouldn't say I'm uncomfortable but something is off. And I know it's only me that feels this way because Kai hasn't changed. He's still sweet and bubbly and has no problem helping me with anything. The only time between now and when I first woke up that he was a little off was when he was telling me his 'beauty and the beast' like rules.

"Don't go into the room at the end of the hallway."

Was all he said and for a moment, it was like his mask was entirely gone. It was almost scary—eerie, would be a better way to put it. But right after, he awkwardly chuckled and stood up to offer me blueberry waffles.

Today, he told me he wanted to take me to the fair but decided It wasn't a good idea. He was only sad for a split second before remembering that it was going to be in town for two weeks.

"Just enough time! Right Moonie?"

And I couldn't help but smile and agree with him.

"Moonie?" I looked toward the door to see Kai's head peeking through. "Your friend is here."

My friend? My head tilted as Kai came into the room. His black long sleeved T-shirt was covered in paint and his sweatpants the same. "I only have you." I murmured, my arms going around his neck as he lifted me from the bed and helped me onto my feet.

He chuckled, his eyes sparkling. "She says she works with you. Her name is Rose. I don't know how she got my address...but she's here. For you." His hand tapped at my waist and I realized it had been there for at least two minutes.

I hummed and stumbled backward slightly. "Ok."

He helped me down the stairs and into his living room where we found Rose standing on the opposite end of the room with her back facing us. She was staring up at the painting of a woman in a white dress crying to the moon. It was a beautiful painting and Rose seemed to notice this too. She hadn't even flinched at the sound of us.

"Rose?" I spoke up. She spun around to reveal her shocked expression and paper bag in her hand. "What are you doing here?"

Rose can't hide how she feels so when she scrunched her face up and the color in here eyes began to boil, I knew she was not happy with me or my question.

"What do you mean 'what are you doing here?'! You went missing! Then Aurura tells me you're here? How would she know? Before me?! I thought you were kidnapped!" Her chest bounced as her nostrils flared and her eyes watered.