20

August 23

August 23

Kai, like he promised, took me to the fair. He also bought me more clothes than I've seen in my entire life and after we went through them all, he helped me learn what I liked. I still somehow ended up dressing just like him in a baggy hoodie with a tank underneath and sweatpants.

"Let's go on a roller coaster first!"

"Fuck no."

Jax and Aurua also came.

"You don't get to choose, this is for Celestia. Not you two." Kai rolled his eyes slightly as he turned toward me. "What do you want to do, Moonie?" He spoke softly as he stared down at me.

I was nervous. I don't know why, it's just the fair and it's not like I haven't spent time with Kai outside of work before. I mean, I technically live with him right now so I really don't know why it's so awkward for me.

I scanned the area slowly, hoping to find a sign of something that maybe Kai would like but I don't know what Kai would like.

"Hey," my head snapped back toward him to see him smiling down at me. "Don't look for something I would like." He chuckled softly as I stiffened up. "I took you here for you to have fun and I'll have fun doing whatever you want to do. Okay?"

I nodded slightly, my eyes darting away from his. "Okay." I breathed out, my hands running over the front of my clothes as I hummed lowly.

"Kai?" I looked up at him.

He hummed as he turned toward me, his eyebrows tenting upward as he waited for my answer.

"Can you choose first?" I said lowly, my embarrassment unable to hide between the walls of my throat any longer.

He chuckled sweetly, his adams apple bobbing in his throat as the wind blew through his hair. "Whatever you want, Moonie." He searched around, his eyes darting through the hundreds of options around us.

"You want to go with something easy?"

"It doesn't matter."

He hummed before taking my hand in his and leading me down the pathway and through the crowds of people.

"Where the fuck are you going?!" Jax called out and Kai ignored him.

I looked back to see him jogging to catch up with us and Aurua walking behind him.

"Where are we going?"