65

November 11th

November 11th

My eyes shot up to his, that goofy smile wiped from his face and replaced with the most pure visual form of love I will ever be lucky to see again.

"Marry me. I'm stupid, I know that, but I also know I will never love anybody like I love you. It's not possible. This wasn't even possible but you are so fucking amazing you made it happen and I refuse to let you go. I can't live without you, Moon. Can you image the sea with no moon? It's a fucking catastrophe!"

We laughed as I fought the tears in my eyes. "I cant—"

"Let me finish my speech, please." He held my hands in his as his sweet eyes pleaded with me.

I stepped back as he slid from the countertop and directly onto his knee in front of me. "I should've put on a fucking shirt and a suit and asked you on the beach somewhere but this is how you're going to see me for the rest of your life, this is where you became the biggest part of my life. Everything about us was natural and random and had zero fucking planning but it is so amazing, Celestia."

He held my hands in his, his eyes weld with worry-salted tears. "It's been five months, Kai—" I tried to plead logic to him despite the logic not even fully computing in my own mind.

"I know but—"

"We started dating last night!" I chuckled through my untamable tears.

"Who cares?! Moon! People date for ten fucking years then get married and divorce a year later! People know each other after a week and stay married for thirty years! Nothing we have done so far will ever be put into a box and be used to advise people on how to run their relationships, but it works for us! We work. It'll work because we want it to work and it's meant to fucking work." His lips parted as he struggled to find words that would further convince me of his seemingly terrible idea.

He let out a breath as his hand held mine tighter. "Fuck I don't know, Moon." He chuckled as he wiped his tears away with his elbow. "I know what I want and I know who I am. But I will be whatever you want me to be. If you want me to be your boyfriend for fifty more years before you finally say yes to me, fine, I'll ask you every day until then. But if you say yes now, it'll save us a whole lot of time. I Can beg for an entire century if you need me to, Celestia. I'm crazy and I know that but I know exactly what's right and this is right. You showed me that you are right."

Speechless is an understatement.

"Well fuck, what do I do now?" I chuckled as I got down on my knees in front of him. "What do you want to marry me for?" I chuckled as I brushed my hands over his blushed and tear-streaked face.

"I just told you why," he chuckled, his large hands cupping my face. "I love you, Moon. That's never going to change. I'm very stubborn if you haven't noticed. Fuck I can't stop crying."