64

November 11th

November 11th

I woke up to an empty bed and the sun in my eyes. The empty bed has been normal recently as Kai has mastered sneaking off in the morning to either work out, paint, cook breakfast, or eventually do all three before I even thought about getting up.

I wrapped the large and heavy blanket over my shoulders before I slid onto the floor.

The house seemed quiet when I peeked out into the hallway but Kai is always quiet.

Which I do find a bit strange because his voice carries very well and he's a muscular guy, though he looks like he's on the skinner side when he's fully clothed in casual wear.

But he's so quiet, he walks quietly and he barely makes a sound when he's alone. I can't imagine how quiet his house was before I came, or how lonely.

"Kai?" I called out as I stepped carefully down the stairs, the cover blocking my view of my feet. "Where'd you—" I jumped as the front door opened and Kai's tall—and shirtless—frame appeared.

"You scared me!" I laughed as I struggled to catch my breath.

He raised his eyebrows slightly as he walked toward me. "Sorry, didn't think you'd be up yet." He bent over before he placed a kiss on my lips. "What're you doing with the blanket?"

"I'm naked, I can't just walk around the house naked."

He raised his eyebrow as a smirk curled on the corner of his lips. "Who said that? Do you want me to buy the neighborhood so we can walk outside—"

I slammed my hands over his mouth, only his smiling eyes were visible. "Stop talking!" I mumbled. "You have no humility."

He sighed as he lifted me up on the second stair, so that I was at eye level with him, "of course I do, Moon. But I'm rich and I'm hot and I have a painfully gorgeous girlfriend so really, what do I need it for?"

I laughed, my hands gripped onto his shoulders. "That's exactly what you need it for!"

He hummed before he clicked his teeth. "Whatever. Come on, your mail is waiting." He turned around and knelt down slightly, signaling for me to climb on his back.

I wrapped my body and the blanket around Kai's as he stood up straight and held onto what felt like the underwear of my thighs. "What do I have mail for? Is it bills?"

He chuckled deeply as he carried me into the kitchen. "What would you have bills for?"

"I don't know, I am technically a roommate."

"I don't think people of my means make the future mother of their twelve kids pay bills."

I bit the back of his neck, his fingers tightened around my thigh as a response. "What happened to not wanting kids?"

"You're really hot—"

"Stop it."

He laughed before he knelt down once more and I slid from his back. "I'm just kidding, Moon. You know that."

"Do I?" I teased as I turned away from him. "Where's my mail?"

"Drop the blanket and I'll give it to you." He spoke as he tried to hide his laughter.

"You're so gross." I turned to face him, his dimples making a deep appearance as he struggled to hold on his laugh. "You're like actually sick."

"Yea and sex with you will make me better."

I laughed as he aggressively peppered kisses on my neck, my body pinned between the counter and his body. "Stop it before the blanket actually slips and I flash your neighbors!" I laughed as he continued.

"It'll be ok, give them something to live for. Their old anyways."

"Kai!"

"Fuck, fine." He chuckled as he placed one final kiss on my lips. "Here."

He reached behind me before he handed me a manilla envelope and a plain white one, both with my name on them.

"This is important mail. Why do I have important mail being sent to your house?"

"Just open It, Moon."

I glanced up at him nervously. "Which do I open first?"

He shrugged, his bottom lip folded inward. "Doesn't matter to me, I know what's in both of them."

I hummed before setting the white envelope down. "The bigger the better right?"

I rolled my eyes as Kai shrugged once more, a sly smile on his lips. "You're so unhelpful."

"You're so mean this morning."

"I have every right to be..."

"Just open the damn envelope."

I sighed as I unfolded the metal prongs and flipped up the opening. "It's a lot of paper in here." I pulled the thick stack of papers out and set the envelope behind me.

I scanned over the writing, my lips moving lightly as I read. "What the fu—"

Kai chuckled as he backed away slowly. "Kai! You can't do this! This is the dumbest thing I've ever seen someone do in real life!"

He scrunched up his nose and shrugged. "Not really."

"You're basically giving me half of your life! You can't do that!"

He sighed as he hopped up on the counter behind him. "I'm giving you half of everything for a very good reason."

I raised my eyebrow, suddenly unable to believe anything that comes out of this man mouth. "What reason could anybody ever have—"

"I love you." He said simply, a smile wide on his face. "That's the only reason I need."

I scoffed lightly, unable to fathom Kai's logic. "Kai, you cannot do this." I placed my hands on his thighs as I stared up at him, pleaded with him.

"Why? Are you going to break up with me?"

"I could!" I argued though I know it isn't a very strong, or persuasive, argument.

He hummed, that stupid smile remained on his face. "Well, that'd really fucking suck but I would still love you, Moon. I told you, I'll give you whatever you want, even my life. I'd give it all to you but I knew even half was pushing it."

My eyes softened as I pressed my lips together. "You're unbelievable...I can't take your life's work just because you love me, Kai."

He chuckled, "fine, you can just wait to sign it then...It might not matter anyways if you keep reading." Nerves set in his eyes but his smile never faltered.

"What else could you possibly have to say?"

"Go to the very last paper. All the other stuff is about my assets, just go to the end."

I glanced up at him as I mentally prepared myself to see what else he had planned.

My heart froze in my chest. He's the dumbest man I've ever met for sure.

"Kai, you can—"

"Marry me, Celestia."