32

September 8th

September 8th

Flattery. Something I haven't received too often in my life. I've received so little 'flattery' that I'm not sure whether or not I would be able to tell the difference between that or obsessive behaviors that border stalking. Especially not now. Not with Kai.

I turned around in his arms, his eyes already looking up at mine. He stared at me like he was losing something but was accepting of it being already gone.

"What do you mean?"

He clicked his tongue slightly as his lips parted. "Ive been painting you...obsessively maybe, since the first time I saw you."

I guess I don't have to make the distinction now.

"Why...?"

"It baffles me that you don't understand how gorgeous you are," he sighed as he let me go and sat up in front of me. "I don't know, Moonie. I just thought you were a prefect..." he covered his face with his hands, his wrists rubbing at his eyes. "I can't believe I'm fucking saying this," he grumbled lowly "the perfect muse. You were—are my muse."

The thunder broke the unbearable silence in the room. My eyes frozen on Kai's embarrassed expression. I don't know what to do. I don't feel...creeped out. I just feel awkward like, what do I say?

I feel like this is definitely a compliment but I'm not one hundred percent sure it can be classified as such if he's been doing this since before he knew me.

"So...you've been painting me the entire time I've been here?"

He nodded as he let out a harsh breath. "All of those paintings were of me?"

He nodded once more.

"...do you make any money?"

He laughed, the awkward expression flooding from his face as his head fell downward. I stared up at him, a slight smile on my face, as his laugh faded into a chuckle.

"That's what you're worried about?" He chuckled, rubbing his eyes together. "You sure are special, Celestia."

"I want to know what I'm worth." I mumbled.

"Ya know most people would be worried that I've been obsessively painting you for months. Not about how much money I've made off of them." His eyes lowered as a soft smile rested on his lips.

"I'm biased, Kai." I spoke softly, sliding closer to him. "Though if you would've told me before I'm not sure I would've been mad at you either. You're really good at art—amazing even—and it's not like you've tried to kill me...so what's the harm?" My head dipped down to get a good look at his soft expression.