70

November 21st

November 21st

I've never been the person that people vent to. I didn't talk and I didn't smile and I didn't show any hint of being even a remotely friendly person, and I liked it that way, but Kai trusts me enough to vent to me. He's finally trusted me with the scarred layers of his heart and I couldn't be happier.

He even cried.

I held him so tightly that he wouldn't be able to feel anything but my love for him, and he cried in my arms like a baby. My big, tough Kai told me how deeply he felt for something other than just me.

"Are you ok?" I whispered as I continued to gently scratch my nails across his scalp.

His hands twitched behind my back, his arms squeezed around me tighter. "Yea. Thank you."

"You don't have to thank me, Kai. I'm supposed to be able to listen to you when you talk."

"Yea, but you didn't have to care so much about it...you could've just let it eat me up...but you didn't."

I chuckled lowly, my fingers now combed through his jet-black hair, the clumps flowing back down like leaves in the wind. "I love you. We're getting married, we're partners. I have to protect you just as fiercely as you want to protect me. That includes your delicate little heart."

He chuckled lightly against my chest as his body further relaxed against mine. "You really are special."

"I only became special because of you, so, you're the special one here."

"Agree to disagree."

I laughed lightly and tucked my chin downward, my cheek now resting on the top of his head. "We are special because we are special to each other. Is that better?"

He let out a soft breath, his arms tensed as he struggled to hold me closer, our bodies already at their limits. "Yeah, sure."

We lay there for a few more hours, completely satisfied with just each other's presence and our light conversation and soft 'I love you's'.

I still get butterflies when I'm close to Kai. Whether he's next to me, underneath me, on top of me, or inside of me, I have butterflies. I can't help but feel excited about his love; it's too strong and genuine to ignore.

The way he talks to me, the way he's gentle with me, the way he laughs with me, all of it is perfect, but I love even more how I know he's becoming more gentle with himself and kinder to himself the more he loves me.

He thinks he's immature and not in a place where a grown man should be, but he's better off than most men I've ever met in my entire life and he's fixing his 'problems' better and faster than anybody I know—tho that list is small.

He's taken good care of his career, he's learned his wrongs and is trying his best to do better, he's done things for me that he didn't know how to do, but don't them anyways because he felt more than an obligation to do so.