31

September 8th

September 8th

I don't know how long I've been on this floor in front of him. His slightly dry hair dripping down his face, the droplets landing on his lips. His eyes watching mine more just as much as mine were watching his.

He forgave me so easily. I only spent a day or two upset at him before I began beating myself up over what I did. He wasn't talking to me or looking at me yet he forgave me so easily. He talked to me and told me what was wrong. This is what should've happened before.

Now it's just us in front of each other, any bad blood between us completely evaporated. I've never gotten over something so easily but the way his eyes watch me...how could I not forgive him? How could I have ever been mad in the first place?

I didn't know how much I needed to see that sparkle in his eyes when he stares at me until it was gone. Now that it's back, and I don't know if it's always shone this bright or I just missed it more than I thought, but I can't think of ever losing it again.

"What if..." I swallowed hard, my heart beating out of control. My eyes flickered from his adams apple to his eyes once again. "I don't want to be 'just friends'?"

He scoffed lightly, his eyes twinkling as he smirked slightly. "Didn't we just forgive each other?"

I hummed.

He hummed. His eyes showing amusement that matched his now mischievous smile. "I...never wanted to be 'just friends'." 

"Oh I know." I joked.

He laughed, his head tilting back and my heart bursting inside my chest as he hugged his knees. "You know what I mean, Moonie."

The nickname fell from his lips so smoothly and just like the sparkle in his brown eyes, I missed it more than I thought.

"Please don't stop calling me that. No matter what."

His eyes softened as he let out a light breath. "Of course not. I'm sorry I ever stopped in the first place." He murmured, the guilt in his words evaporating from his tongue.

"I want to kiss you. Can I kiss you?" I spoke softly despite being surprised by my own words.

I watched as his smile widened and his eyes begun to twinkle. He let out an excited yet low chuckle. "You never have to ask."

I leaned in until my chest was pressed against his knees and his lips were pressed against mine. My face scrunched up as I let out a satisfied moan.

His lips were so soft and sweet. The way they glided against mine and the way they soothed something inside of me was so perfect.

He wrapped his arms around me before letting his knees down and pulling me on top of him. My arms wrapped around his neck in an attempt to get closer.

"I missed you so fucking much." He whined as he leaned back. "I'm so sorry." He pecked my lips before traveling down my cheek and toward my neck.