21

August 23rd

August 23rd

Im not oblivious to the world. I know I may act like it  because I'm not experienced in most things and I've spent most of my life on a repeated schedule but I know stuff.

I know what a fair is and I know that most people go with their friends and I know that a lot of people go on dates at fairs. I know what happens on dates and I know that people who go on dates like each other. I also know that this is not a date and that the things that happen on dates to the fair are possibly maybe happening right now.

But I know this is not a date. Because Kai and I don't know each other that well. We don't even feel that way for each other to go on a date. Even if people hold hands on dates and hold each other so close while pretending it's just because your shaking, but really you just want to be held by him—them.

Even if I'm holding Kai's hand so tight right now that I don't think I could let go, both out of fear of whatever's in this haunted house and the fact that his touch is so warm that it could light me on fire and it wouldn't hurt. This is not a date.

"You ready?" Kai looked back at me, a nervous smile on his face as he led me through the dark entrance.

I hummed and nodded, my other hand holding onto the front of my shirt.

As we entered the dimly lit room that was covered in fake cobwebs and spooky props, both of my hands ended up in Kai's and I was right behind him.

"How long do you think—"

We both screamed, darting past the person dressed as if they were a decaying witch that popped out from the ground. As we ran past the room and toward the only exit possible, hands clawed at our feet from the ground.

"It won't fucking open!" Kai screamed as he kicked at the hands and jiggled the doorknob.

"Open the door, Kai!" I panicked, my foot crashing down on the hand that came toward my ankle. "I'm so sorry! Oh my gosh!"

"C'mon!" Kai pulled me through the doorway and we entered the next room. At this point, I was on the brink of tears and I'm sure Kai was too. "Who's fucking idea was this!" Kai swore as he reached his arm around his back and across mine, holding me close to him.

We slowly crept through the separately themed room. This one looking as if we were in a meat freezer. The room was blue and was covered in fog. We dodged through prop bodies that looked too real as they hung from chains in the ceiling.

I screamed, my body attempting to melt into Kai's as I stepped on something and it snapped in half. "Sorry—"

The loud sound of a chainsaw revving up behind us engulfed the room; our loud screams not following too far behind.