38

October 7th

October 7th

I sighed as I sat up from the bed, my head turning toward the bathroom door that's been shut for fifteen minutes now.

"Moonie? When are you coming out?" I called out, my eyes struggling to stay open. "Moon?" I stood up, my body slightly wobbling as I made my way toward the bathroom door.

I tapped lightly against the door with my knuckle, the only response being the sound bouncing off the walls. I opened the door slightly, only peeking in a little in case she was in the tub and just not listening. "Moonie?" I looked toward the tub to see it empty before pushing the door open fully.

Maybe I'm too tired and I'm missing something...?

But no, the bathroom was empty with no sign of Celestia.

"What the fuck..." my stomach turned as I scanned the room, absolutely no sign of her present. She would tell me if she was leaving right? She doesn't just walk off, if she did, she'd let me know.

Jax said she was here. He didn't see her leave, he was in here the whole—

"Jax!" I yelled as I jogged down the steps. I don't know why I feel so panicked, she's a grown woman, she can leave if she wants to. "How long were you out for?"

I nudged his shoulder as he stretched out across my couch. "What are you talking about?" He yawned, his body reacting too slowly for my taste.

"How fucking long were you beating your dick to that girl?"

He scoffed, a smile setting on his face as he sat up. "I didn't beat my—"

"Did you fucking see Celestia leave!?"

He stared up at me, my heart beating in my ears. Something feels so wrong it's making me sick. The last time I felt like this...

"Thirty minutes..."

I let out a shallow gasp as I turned toward the kitchen.

"What's wrong?!"

I grabbed my keys from the counter and flung the door open. I'm praying that nothing is wrong. I'm praying she didn't go without me.

...

The drive was short but felt like a million years had passed. The car shook as I drove slowly across the gravel, my eyes scanning for her house that I'd only seen a couple of times before and I was scared id miss it and waste more time.

I felt relief as I saw the rusted blue trailer come into view, my heart finally calming a little but the anxiety in my stomach still lingering.

And now I see why.

I watched as the door flung open, Celestias limp body falling through and onto the gravel. My heart dropped back into the vat of anxiety that rested in my stomach as I watched what looked like Celestias mother creep over top of her.

It was like a scene in a horror movie.

She was yelling something inaudible as her hands gripped at Celestias throat. She wasn't even fighting back, just laying there like a doll.

My first thought was to hit her with my car but if I hit her, I'd hit Moonie.

"Hey!" I shouted as I got out of my car, leaving the door open as I rushed toward the two women. "Get the fuck off her!" I tossed the decayed women from on top of Celestia, her body landing next to her in the gravel.

"Fuck...Moonie?" I lifted her into my arms as the woman continued to wail on the ground, her body shrinking up into itself like dead seaweed. "Wake up, baby." I mumbled, my eyes staying on her as I opened the back door and gently slid her in.

My heart was racing as I quickly backed out of the trailer park, dust building up around me and leaving the trailers out of view. I whipped back onto the street before speeding off down the road.

I was too scared to look back but too worried not to. I couldn't stop glancing back at her limp body. She looked so peaceful like she had accepted whatever was going to happen to her. She had the same look the last time something like this happened but this time, it looked like she gave up long before.

"Why'd you go without me, Moonie?" I sniffled, my chest burning as my throat tightened.

If she wanted to go get her stuff, I could've come with her. I would've dropped everything to go with her. I'm not leaving her again, never again will she be alone. Fuck.

...

I'm once again in this hospital, waiting for my Moonie, because of her mother. I'm more angry than I need to be—than I'm supposed to be. Or maybe I'm supposed to be angry. I don't know.

They told me they were going to call the police because Moonie was attacked but it was up to her to decide whether or not she wanted to press charges but, at that point, if she wants to press charges, she has to go to court and do all this other fucking stuff.

She hasn't even woken up yet. She's been asleep for eight hours and they said at the ten hour mark they'd have to wake her up to ask her some questions and make sure she is alright.

And it's not that anything is particularly wrong with her that's making her sleep like this. She's not in a coma and she wasn't hurt too badly from the fall or the choking. Other than the fact that she will experience some discomfort when she wakes up, she's fine. She's just sleeping.

She did this before too—when she first came to my house. She slept for three days and I chalked it up to her being exhausted from working and barely sleeping or eating right when she got home but, now...I think her body doesn't want her to wake up. I think this is how she copes.

...

They finally let me come back to see her. They woke her up and asked her some questions but she fell asleep almost immediately after.

She still has that peaceful look on her face. Even after everything, she looks so quiet.

"I'm never leaving you again, Moonie. I promise."

Double upload because the chapters are really short 🤍