55

TRIGGER WARNING: Mentions of rape and violence

October 24th

I opened my eyes to the pitch black room, one of Kai's arms flung over me, holding me in and against his warm chest, the other resting above my head.

I think Halloween is coming up. I never know until it's here and I had to deal with people asking for our specially themed hot chocolate and pumpkin shaped mini pies, even after I clearly stated we were all out.

Maybe I should ask Kai if he wants to decorate with me. I don't know if he even decorates but I think it could be fun. Kinda like a date...

I sighed lightly as I turned around to face Kai, his chin near my forehead and his lips parted slightly as he breathed softly. I looked up at Kai as he slept softly, my mind tracing back to the sound of him groaning in his sleep so loudly I could hear it from here. I always wondered what those pretty eyes of his could've seen to make him so scared...his long, almost false-looking, eyelashes resting gently over his face.

He looks like a doll. One you'd beg for for years and never get, but once you did, you'd cherish it forever.

I think everything about him looks fake. If it wasn't for his vulgar personality and hellish sex drive, I'd believe he was an angel. His skin always looks so smooth and feels even better than it looks. His eyes are such a deep, rich chocolate, almost pitch black most days but the most amazing honey-golden shade when he smiles or he goes outside—sun out or not.

And despite his colorful vocabulary and lack of respect for my stamina, he's so kind and caring. He's gentle with me in every aspect of the word and I couldn't put into words how deeply I feel his love for me when his hand just grazes mine. He's beautiful inside and out and whether others only notice the surface of it or not, I will always acknowledge and cherish his remarkable beauty.

I brushed my finger over the bridge of his nose, his throat humming at my touch.

I want to kiss him...but I'm sure that's probably illegal considering he's asleep.

I'm also very thirsty.

I slowly slid from underneath Kai's arm, his face scrunching up at the absence of my body next to his. His fingers held onto mine as he smacked his lips together lightly.

"Where are you going?" He mumbled groggily.

"I'm just getting water. I'll be right back."

He hesitantly let go of my hand before he flung his body over on to his back. "Please...don't take too long."

I smiled softly at his half sleep request as I snuck out of the room and softly shut the door behind me.

I floated down the stairs, Kai's words bubbling across all parts of my brain. I know he didn't say anything particularly special but every time he speaks it's like he's singing for me. At least that's how it feels.