48

October 22nd

October 22nd

Please don't be like last time. Please don't be...

My heart is fucking pounding.

I panted as I slowed toward the back of the saturated group of people watching whatever I couldn't see. My arms scooped through the crowd as I tried to breathe. Fuck I think I'm going to die.

"Celestia!" I called out as I pushed toward the front of the crowd, Aurua swearing behind me.

I let out a soft breath as I saw her, her body drooping between the floor and the wall, her fingers hovering over her shaking lips.

Not a single person going to help her, all just watching.

Her head spun toward me, her eyes shaken with fear. "...Kai?"

I felt my body go limp as the fear left my body, her voice enough for my mind to no longer run on fumes from the past. I slid to my knees in front of her, my hands reached for her as they tingled for the verification that she was really ok; that she was actually here.

"Fuck, what happened? Are you ok?" My voice came out whinier than I'd like to admit as my fingers wrapped around her goosebump-ridden skin. "What happened, baby?"

I stared up at her as her lips fell apart. Her neck flexed as if she was trying to find anything to say; something that would soothe me. She wasn't looking for the truth or she would've told me by now.

"I...I fell."

I pressed my lips together as my body softened the same way my eyes did.

"...how'd you fall, Moonie?" I questioned, hoping she could see that I didn't believe her. My eyes wandered away from hers and down to the large rip in her dress that went halfway up her calf. She couldn't have fallen and ripped her dress like that. "You ripped your dress. How'd you fall and rip your dress?"

Please...tell me the truth, Moon.

"I...I'm sorry, I was being clumsy. I don't know what happened." She cleared her throat as she tried to get rid of the cracks in her words. "I know it was an expensive..." Her eyes flickered between mine as her words faded into the air. She gave up.

I wanted to ask her why she was lying to me; why she thought she needed to. But I couldn't. She's been through too much in too short of a time so...if she needs to lie to me, I'll let her.

"C'mon, Cel. Let's get off the ground."

My fingers fell from her arms as Aurua lifted her from the ground and away from me. I felt my fist begin to ball up as my mind began to go blank.