Part 30

Maddison pov

1 month has passed.

It was the first of April. Megan and I spent the day together. It was a rainy Saturday as we cooked together. We made a delicious chicken curry with garlic bread, and for dessert, we made ice cream.

I knew that today wasn't a good day for Megan, so I tried to make her feel better. I made a bubble bath and put candles around it, which dimly lit the room, giving it a warm and cosy feeling. We both undressed, and I felt her body relax against me as the hot water hugged her. I softly kissed her shoulder blade.

After that, we watched a bunch of stupid comedy films and talked about everything and nothing. I told her about the compilation that will be happening at the end of April, and she was happy. I can't say the same for my parents. It's not because it's a dance competition; they were fine with that, but they weren't happy finding out that it was back in Washington, DC. I told them that it was just a dance competition and nothing more. They don't believe me, especially knowing that my friends were back there and how they weren't good people.

3 weeks went by with a blink of an eye. I had my suitcase packed, ready for my journey to my old home. I was nervous I couldn't deny that. My whole body was tensed and filled with nervousness. I wished that Megan had came along with me but vic and Aaron were a
Adamant on coming with I didn't have a good enough excuse to say they can't. Megan was fine with them going with me. I could tell that she wasn't okay and that she was maybe jealous.

My dad dropped me off at the airport with my friends. He handed me some money in case I needed it. We all found our seats, and soon the plane was taking off. The flight wasn't long, thankfully. It was maybe 2 to 3 hours long. I slept throughout.

We head into the hotel. There were two beds pushed up against the wall, a TV on the wall on the opposite end, and a door that led to the bathroom. There was a balcony looking over the city with a hot tube.

The competition was tomorrow. I was deeply exhausted and wanted to sleep the night away until tomorrow, but sadly I can't. one because I am hungry, and the other two are wanting to go and grab dinner.

I brought them to one of my favourite restaurants. I sighed out happily as the smell of the food and drinks filled my nose. In the corner of my eyes, I caught a glimpse of someone who I hoped not to see at all.

We all took a seat near the window, looking at the menu, and me and the other two all decided on what we wanted. I picked my favorite, which was a chicken burger with melted cheese and bacon, and for a drink, I chose a coffee with cream. Vic picked a chicken pasta and a cookie and cream chocolate milkshake. Aaron picked spicy noodles with ice coffee.

My heart sank when I realised seen who the waitress was. The way he smiled instantly as his bright blue eyes met mine.

"Maddison Edward." His Voice was still as I rememberer, deep and rough.

"Lucas Doyle." I breath out. "It's been a while."

"It's has." Lucas says still smiling. "What can you get you?" I told him our order, and he left. The other two were looking at me, expecting me to explain who that was. "That's an old friend." I told them, who seem to wanted more information. Not giving them the satisfaction, they dropped the topic. Lucas came back with the drinks and then left to get the meal.

"So how is Harper?" I gave him a death look and wanted to tell him to shut up or else. The boy just smirked at me, completely ignoring the stare. "Well?" I excuse myself from the group, gripping onto Lucas' hand, my nails digging his palm. Pushing him to the girls toilet, I shoved him against the wall.