Part 39

Valerie pov  2 weeks earlier

Creeping up to Vic's door, I overheard her talking to someone over the phone. It was probably one of her friends that she was talking to. As I was about to turn and leave, I heard Madison's name. Stopping in my tracks, I listened carefully. Nothing could have prepared me for the next few words that were spoken.

"She has her daughter back"

I couldn't believe that. In a way, it makes sense as to why I haven't seen her outside of school as much. I listened to the rest of the conversation, trying to gather more information about the topic and why it was important to Vic. It sounded like she was making a plan with whoever was on the phone (it wasn't a good plan). Needing to protect my new friend and her daughter, I hurried out of the house and dove into a place that was hidden.

I owned a little place that I liked to hide out in when people got on my nerves. I grabbed a notebook and a pen and started writing down everything that Vic said.

Maddison pov 3 weeks later

Standing at my mirror, I analysed my choice in outfit. I wore a cute dark blue summer dress that went to my mid-thigh; on the dress were white Daisy's; my long dark brown hair that fell over my shoulder was wavy; and I wore simple jewellery. A golden sun necklace and a matching golden sun bracelet. Thinking my outfit was good enough for my graduation, I went to see my family.

Today was the last day. The day I get to leave the school forever and say goodbye I could begin my life outside of this town and be happier. The question is, Will I be happy? What about Megan? What will happen with us? All these thoughts cause me to have a headache. All I know is that I don't want to leave her, not ever. When I do move away, will she stay in this town or move? I couldn't imagine her staying here. All I knew at this moment was that I had to tell her.

Everybody was waiting to be seated while standing. I was glancing around when I felt a tap on my shoulder, which made me jump. As I was still astonished by Val's sudden reappearance from nowhere like she does, I glared into her eyes and she grinned back. She occasionally makes me believe that she is some kind of witch who enjoys using magic to vanish and then resurface. I was perplexed as I thought back to the last time I had seen her. Needing an explanation, I grabbed Val by the hand and dragged her away from everyone.

"What the hell val!" I whispered-yelled. "You can't tell me to keep an eye on my daughter and then disappear without any explanation!"

"I know and i am sorry, but I cannot explain, not yet." She says trying to assure me, which didn't work. The sound of the speaker broke though telling us to take our places and to be seated. I take one more glance at Valerie before finding my seat.

My eyes immediately gravitated towards Megan once I sat down. Her appearance stunned me. The beauty of her appearance is still beyond my comprehension. She has a magnitude of beauty that usually makes me uncomfortable when she enters a room. I initially believed that the wrong number had sparked our romance, but later learned that the mysterious woman was actually my teacher, leading to the discovery of our unlawful relationship. Even if you had asked me seven months ago, I would not have thought that the wrong number would turn out to be my love interest or even my harsh teacher.

Everything had now ended. Speeches were done, names were called and the final goodbye. Well one of the final goodbye, the final one is when it comes to prom. The initial plan of mine wasn't to go to prom at all, but my brother and parents wanted to go badly and well Valerie thought it be a good idea. I felt a little uneasy about the whole thing I guess being out at night without my daughter make me feel nervous about the whole thing, luckily my parents would be home to care for her needs.

I regrouped with my family, they all hugged me and said congratulations for surviving school. From the corner, I could see that Megan was watching me. Giving a little wave, she smiled slightly and move to speak to a teacher.

Now the family dinner that happened with Noah left high school.

Megan pov

I got off the phone with Ronnie. She made me think about France and Maddison. Honestly, I don't think my cold heart could handle being away from the one true person I love. The thing is, Paris is where I dream of being.

Maddison is off to college or I believe she is. She wants to be able to have a degree and be able to be the best mother she can be. My overload brain felt like it was going to break. Thankfully, it stopped when the sound of my front door opening. The only other person who would walk in like that would be my father.

Since my sister is a noisy bitch, he must be here to find out what I am doing with my life. In this case, to tell me that I am being selfish and heartless because I refuse to do what he wants me to do, and to manipulate me by using my dead mother to get what he wants. I won't let that happen, not this time, not again.

Maddison made me see the ways of my father, she helped me by not letting his words effect me.

He had a disappointed expression as he stood in front of me, but I refrained from letting it bother me. I suppress my father's intimidation by erecting walls around me.

"Was you going to tell me about leaving?" He scolded me. His hands were behind his back, puffing out his chest to show is power over me. My face stayed unfazed. "Are you going to explain?"

"Wasn't my intentions." I say blankly. His face twitch with anger at my tone of voice. "You can not control me father, I can and will choose what I do."

"Listen, young lady, you will do what I say, this is what you mum would want."

The lock to my anger broke with the sentence of what my dad uttered. Rage consumed me from the inside, ripping me part. Not able to hold the monster within, I snapped.

"No! That isn't what she wanted!" I yelled out. My dad stepped back in shock from my explosive anger. I was too shocked, but it felt good to let out that side of me to my father. "She would want me to live my life! She would support me and what I want to do" usually I wouldn't cry when angry, however my blue eyes glossed over with tears of hatred.

He stare at me with a no emotion, he turned to leave, stopped at the door, and look back at me one last time.

"I no longer want to see you." And he left.

A/N
Not long left of this book.
I have so much time to update now since I finish school!! I am so happy! No more stress at the moment and I am glade about that.

Beside I want to thank you for reading <3

Bye people <3