Part 40

Maddison pov

After dinner, Val came over to my place to get ready. She was much quieter than usual. I didn't question her, however. I knew she needed some space, so I allowed it. My long, dark brown hair was perfectly curled by my mom, and I wore a long green dress. Me and Valerie had matching dresses and hairstyles.

The sun was setting, the evening was peaceful, and everything seemed fine. I was happy with life at this very moment. I have my family, my graceful, gorgeous girlfriend, and one of my new best friends.

Linking arms with Valerie, we stood at the entrance of the gym hall. The hall was mind-blowing as we stepped into the large room where prom was taking place. The walls and ceiling were covered in purple stars, and white couches were to the side with tables that had white roses on them. Everything looked amazing. Almost everyone was dressed beautifully, apart from Vic, who wore a long pink flowery dress. The dresses looked horrible.

Valerie tapped me on the shoulder and pointed over to a table that wasn't occupied by a group. We went over and sat down. I took in the scene again, still shocked by how a small school could be able to afford something amazing like this.

Me and Valerie were talking about the future and what would happen to us. I was scared to really think about it, if I were being honest. Not for the reason you might think, though that does have a big say in it, but because of everything changing—new surroundings and people—and having no one taking care of Harper with me. Stressing about this was causing a headache. Changing my train of thought, I went back to looking at the dance floor.

Valerie came back with two plates of food and two glasses of cider. I smiled up at her, happy that she went to grab us some food. She handed me a plate of cheesy pasta that looked delicious, and she had chicken curry with garlic bread on the side. It smelled amazing. We eat happily together, enjoying our last moment before we split up to go our separate ways. We might see each other over the holiday, but we will both be busy getting ready for college.

"May I have this dance?" Valerie asked and smirked after. Valerie was completely different from what you expected. She was very honest, like Megan was; she was blunt, flirtatious, stubborn, and sarcastic. She could be Megan's sister by how similar they were, with their dark minds and how they could read people like they were open to the world.

"Oh well, of course." She led me to the dance floor while placing one hand on my waist and the other on my shoulder as I mockingly grinned back at her. We move to the beat of the music. Everything seemed to be almost ideal. Even though I enjoy dancing with Valerie, I would want to slow dance with Megan.

Speaking of the devil, my breathing stopped once I spotted Megan from afar. She looked heavenly in her navy long dress, which highlighted her body beautifully. Her hair was curled, and she wore a simple gold moon necklace and a gold moon bracelet. Very similar to my own, but mine is a sun.

I hoped she had her hands on my waist, her gentle lips were on mine, and that her body was close to me so that I could feel her warmth. But since she is a teacher in this specific case and not my lover, that is not possible.

I guess my pale green eyes lingered on her for a little too long since she turned away from her conversations with the librarian and landed on me. She didn't smile because of her surroundings, but she was happy to see me as she showed her emotion through her light blue eyes.

"Have you told Megan about Seattle?" Val whispered as we slowly danced to a slow song. I shake my head no. "You have to tell her, Madison." We pulled away from each other as the song ended and a new one started. Everyone around us started yelling out the lyrics to one of Taylor Swift's songs. Me and Valerie got away from the crowd. "Go tell her now." She says this as she nods her head towards Megan, who stood alone with a glass of what I assume is not cider but wine.

Getting my phone, I looked at Megan who was staring at me. I sent her a quick message.

Me: step outside with me? Love you <3

Watching her as she got the message. I see her typing back.

Megan: I suppose I should be a good girlfriend and be sure you aren't flirted with. Love you too xx

I smiled as I walked away first, and she did so shortly after. I slumped against the wall to watch the sunset. Megan followed suit and reached out to grab my hand. Since nobody was around, we were okay to go for the time being, and even though we were very near to one another, no one could tell that we were holding hands. Her hands were so warm, it relaxed my all bones.

"Where are you leaving for." Megan silky smooth voice mumbled. I tightened my grip on her hand.

"Seattle." I lost consciousness. She is looking down at me, but I am unable to return the gaze. I was worried that I would cry. She moved in front of me, lifted my chin with her index finger, and gently caressed my lips as her hand stroked my hair away from my face. I sank into her warmth and breathed in her scent and the tenderness of her lips. They coordinated their movements seamlessly.

"My love." She gently whispered. "I will always love you, even when we are apart." Her kindness was hurting my heart, in a good way.  "When I tell you I love you, I am not saying it out of habit; I am reminding you that you are my life." That when I broke. The waterfall poured from teary eyes. I was overwhelmed with emotion. "I...I might be moving to France."

I didn't have time to react before we were interrupted by someone. My body froze over seeing the person who stood with a smug smirk. Megan face wasn't at all bother by seeing her ex girlfriend.

"I had a feeling that you were with someone." Alex says it with a hint of mystery behind it. "Sydney wouldn't believe me; she said that I needed to prove it." Alex evilly chuckled at how Megan's face expression changed from unbothered to something with a little anger, but she quickly hid that behind a wall that she had built up a long time ago. "Although, I am surprised that it was your student who you are seeing."

"What is it you want Alex?"

"I don't want anything. I just needed to prove you were seeing someone; you know your sister is crazy." Alex grinned. "Though, I cannot tell your sister you are dating an eighteen-year-old. I may not like that you're dating someone else, but I do care for you, and because of that, I will keep this a secret."

Relaxing, I still felt Megan hand holding mine tightly. Her shoulders were tense which made me tense up again.

Despite the tension, my thought went to Sydney, Megan sister. Why did she have a obsession with Megan love life so much? I've always found that odd, though I never asked about it.

Lost in all the loud silent, the ring tone of a phone went off. Both older woman looked at me, I anxiously smiled at them before answering the call from my mom. All my organs dropped. Heart was being ripped out of my body. The cries of panic from my mom set me into a panic mode.

"Harper is gone." She cries out over the phone.

A/N
Finally this chapter is out! It was meant to happen last week, but nope I decided to get ill and suffer in pain <3

Beside the late update, I hope you enjoy this! Thanks for reading

Bye!!