Part 38

Maddison pov

The house was quite big. Since I had never been to the twins' house before, I was astonished by how much money they appeared to have. I was aware of their wealth, but until now I was unaware of how much. As I got out of my car and inhaled, I knocked on the door and waited for a response. Moments later, a tall man with dark brown eyes scowled at me as the door opened.

"I am here to see Valerie," I said, hesitated. I was intimidated by the way he stood with strength. He opened the door wider and moved aside for me to enter the modern home. Grand stairs lead upstairs. Astonished by this, I walked up the stairs, trying to find Valerie's room. It was easy to find as her door had her name on it, like Vic's did with hers. I entered her room and saw that it was empty. I never thought that she was the messy type. Paper was scattered everywhere, books were thrown to the side, and clothes littered the floor.

Not paying any notice of this, I turn to leave. As I did, Vic room opened, and Lucas appeared with his shirt off, showing off his toned abs. We glared at each other. I didn't know how to feel about him sleeping with Vic; they were perfect together, but on the other hand, it still weirds me out. I couldn't complain; I'm just glad she left me alone. Speaking of the devil, she came out with a blanket wrapped around her. Upon seeing me, she smirked. Grossed out, I left.

Pulling out my phone, I found Valerie's name and called her. It went straight to voicemail. Where the heck is she? Thinking about the words she said before she vanished into thin air. My heartstrings pulled as I thought about my daughter. Needing the sound of my baby's laughter, I went to pick her up from my gorgeous goddess girlfriend.

I walked into the warm embrace of Megan. Her strong arms were around me, holding me tightly and giving me light pecks on the forehead. I felt at peace for a while.

"I love you." Megan's voice was smooth. Beaming, I connected our lips together. It was soft, passionate, and filled with so much love that it was like my heart was so filled it could possibly explode. My head was dizzy at the softness of her lips. They tasted so good that I could kiss them all day long.

"I love you too."

With a sigh, I was home. Noah came around the corner with a smile that flattened slightly as he saw Harper, who was pulling on my hair. A new habit of hers that I need to get rid of as she ripped some of Megan's hair out when she was babysitting earlier. She had a strong grip on her, that's for sure. My brother always had a problem with me having a child at the age of 17. My mom was right behind him with a smile. Her eyes landed on Harper and then went to Noah, who kept staring at her. Deciding to break the awkwardness, she took Harper from me and went to the kitchen.

"Hi..." I muttered. I was clueless about what to say to him. I put down the baby bag, my car keys, and my own bag.

"Hey." The awkwardness was making me cringe. "So how is everything?"

"It's good." I hate this so much. Why can't we have a simple conversation without cringing? Why does my older brother not like his niece? I never understood, but I never asked him about it. "I need to know, but what is your problem with Harper?" This startled him. It came out of nowhere, but I'm glad I decided to ask.

"I don't." He deafened himself. I analysed him.

"Your arms crossed are telling me you are trying to deafen yourself; your itching neck is telling me you are uncomfortable; and when you saw me, you smiled flattered with your eyes landing on Harper." I said it in one breath.

Wow, Megan has rubbed off massively on me. I could never read someone like that before I asked how Megan could read people like they were books. I've got to thank her.

"It's not that I don't like her; I do like her; it's just who her father is." He says it honestly. That makes sense. He never liked Lucas, he alway find that there was something off about him. I smiled.

"I can understand that, but you need to be the cool uncle." I grinned. He smirked and nodded. "Great, I am staving." I slapped him over the head as I walked straight into the kitchen, where the food was now being placed on the dining table. I forgot that Noah's girlfriend would be here; she doesn't seem half bad anymore considering they are still dating.

Me: I think something is going on with Val.

Megan: What do you mean?

Me: She said something this morning that was going around my head.

Megan, what did she say?

Me: Keep a close eye on your daughter.

Megan: I wasn't aware she knew about Harper, and that's strange. Think this has to do with Vic and Lucas?

Me: I wasn't aware either; I am guessing she overheard from Vic, but I don't understand how she knows too. I'm freaking out.

Megan: Hey, try not to worry too much, okay? It might be nothing. You know Alex?

Me: Harper's daycare teacher?

Megan: Yes, her. She's my ex, and I'll be careful around her too. She asked how I knew you, and so I said that you were my parents friend's daughter and also my student who needed help. Knowing her, she will try to dig deeper if I say you are my girlfriend and also ask my sister about it because they are best friends.

Me: wow. A lot is going on, and it's stressing me out.

Megan: I know, baby. Wanna have some fun?

Me:oh? What type of fun?

My jaw dropped to the floor as she sent a hot, sexy photo of herself. She was wearing black floral lace underwire lingerie that showed off her body perfectly. My insides warmed up, and my core was throbbing. This was going to be a great night.

A/N
This was boring chapter

The book will be coming to an end soon and honestly I can not wait!! This book be going on for a year now

I have like 3 other books that I started writing, but I knew I needed to finish this before updating the others.

Thank you everyone for reading <3