Part 41

Valerie pov

After recommending that Maddison speak with Miss Morgan, I took a quick look across the hall and noticed Aaron talking to whomever. 

Aaron was a kind guy. He had a good appearance. I will not deny that, even if he is a good friend of my sister, he appears to be kind without her getting in his way. Tapping on his shoulder, he turned to face me, puzzled.

"Valerie?" He called me. I shake whatever thought came to mind; I can't get buried in my thinking right now. I need to find my sister and put an end to her cruel desires. 

"Have you seen my sister around?" I waited for a response from the male who was thinking. It was simply a yes or no answer.

"yeah, but now thinking about it, I haven't seen her for half an hour now."  My heart dropped. This can't be good.

Leaving him in a hurry, I ran outside to find Megan, Maddison and a random red head who seemed to be the same age as Megan. Seeing the panicked look on Maddison's face, I knew something had happened. Seeing the look on her face made me feel guilty for not telling her from the start. Luckily, they haven't seen me yet and to wrapped up in their conversations trying to calm Maddison down.

I drove to my secret place to change clothes and grab everything I needed. The hidden place wasn't far from school. I put a tracker on Vic's car and phone, so I know where she is. If she didn't take her car, I'll still know where she is since she takes her phone everywhere. I changed into baggy ripped jeans, a black tank top, and a black jacket. I put my hair into a loose ponytail, grabbed my phone, checked Vic's location, and started to drive.

Surrounded by crumbling walls, dampness and thick air, I held onto my gun tightly, moving swiftly into one room to another I heard quiet whispers, a deep voice indicating that it's Lucas and a very familiar voice, vic's. before putting myself to a bad situation, I dial the police letting them know whats was going on. Ending the call, I opened up my bag, getting out a small camera, this is so I can set it up and record everything so I have proof. My plan may seem stupid and it might be because i have no idea if this will actually work.

I should've watched where I stood as I was trying to set the camera up on a shelf that was old and falling apart as I kicked a rock that hit the wall causing the sound echoed throughout the building. My heart stopped, my warm body went ice cold, voices stopped and at this moment I knew I was in deep trouble.

I appeared cool on the surface, but I was terrified inside. Lucas didn't appear at all happy to see me, but my twin sister did; she had her arms folded, her eyebrows up, and a pleased look on her face. I take a deep breath and charge past them, slightly knocking them back.

The camera I've set up was in an angle where it can see the entire room apart from the room where Victoria and her 'friend' had come from, and I predict that Harper was in there. The building was dark, and it was making it hard to see where I was. One thing I needed was a flashlight, yet I forgot to bring one. Just my luck, I hid behind a wall, as I took my phone out to put the flashlight on.

Where the hell is the police?! I thought.

As my phone suddenly died, Lucas appeared out of nowhere and grabbed me by the neck, trapping me against the wall. His grasp was firm, and I was starting to run out of oxygen. I kicked him where it hurts the most with my leg as a deterrent, causing him to slouch and groan. I heard him yell at Vic to follow me as I managed to get away from him, leaving him in agony.  The blonde rushed after me as per his instructions. Despite my best efforts, I reached an dead end.

"Valerie~" she sang out in a chilly voice. I felt sick to my stomach. "Don't be scared." Vic said in a low tone that was creeping me out. Her hazel eyes were glowing with murder, I reached for my back pocket and pulled out my gun. "My dearest sister, you won't hurt me" Victoria chuckled loudly.

She might be right...she is my twin sister after all...

"You're wrong, vic," I confidently said, standing tall and brave. I pointed the gun at her, causing her to stop in her tracks. "I will shoot you." She was close enough for me to hit her. I took a step closer to her, grabbing her chin roughly and stared into her eyes. "You used to be nice," I muttered. "What happened?" The blonde didn't answers; instead, she looked away from me and glared down at the floor. "I'm sorry, sister," I whispered before hitting her over the head with the gun.

I didn't turn to face her as I left. I would cry if I were to gaze at my sister. Victoria used to be compassionate and kind, but after becoming involved with a bad crowd and falling in love with a person who neglected her, she changed. Now, she has a ruthless fate and a wicked heart.

As I was going to pick up Harper after finding her in a dirty old crib with bright blue eyes frowning up at me, I was yanked back and flung into the wall. I snarled in pain as my head struck the wall hard, and my vision clouded and I felt dizzy. He blew alcohol-scented breath into my face, pressed something cold and pointy against my cheek, and then gently slid it down. I tried not to make any noise as I closed my eyes. I felt the red liquid glide and into my mouth.

The faint sound of the sirens made me sigh out. Lucas dropped the pocketknife in his panic and ran away. After getting myself together, I went over to my friend's daughter's crib to remove her before leaving the building. Lucas was being enclosed by police and handcuffed when I stepped outside. Maddison suddenly burst into view to my right, and I quickly handed her kid to her as she broke down into the young child. Her parents were close behind her, and Megan was comforting her by caressing her back. I sneak back into the deserted building to look for my sister without anyone knowing.

***

Maddison pov

It's been 4 weeks since the accident. Harper is great, she happy and has now started to call me mama, it was one of the best days of my life when she first said it.

I've been struggling to sleep alone lately, but luckily I have Megan by my side most of the time. We've been practically inseparable, spending every single day and night together. However, my heart shattered when I discovered Megan's plan to move to France and pursue her dream of writing a book. It's bittersweet because I want her to be happy, but it means we'll have to part ways. I don't want to let go, but Megan believes it's important for me to have my own adventures and experiences. Besides, a long-distance relationship wouldn't be easy, especially since Megan can be a little possessive at times...

Valerie doing okay, she been going to therapy because her parents assisted on it. I do worry about her, Vic disappear after the kidnapping and its worries me a lot that she will come back for Harper, although val promise that will not happen. This makes me worry for val since this is her twin sister after all, someone she is bonded with and care for. I felt as though she been avoiding and blaming herself for everything that had happened, but I don't feel like that. I am thankful for her because without her I would have lost my daughter.

Mine and Megan relationships is out in the open now. My parents are fine with it. It's was hard to understand at first knowing that she was my teacher when we got together, but they are glade that I am happy and that all they care about.

I could feel Megan's warm embrace as we snuggled on the couch, engrossed in a cringe-worthy Netflix film. It was our last night together before my departure, and I was trying to hold back my emotions. Megan's gentle kiss on my forehead gave me permission to let the tears flow freely. The grip around me tightened, and I buried my face in Megan's neck. The sadness overwhelmed me, my heart ached. I didn't want to leave Megan. I longed to stay in her arms forever, to kiss her lips, share laughter, and playfully tease each other.

To think this began with a simple hey...

The end...

A/N
Well it's basically the end. I will upload two bonus chapters soon, but yeah. The last part was kind of rushed because I lost motivation...anyway hoped you enjoyed.

Thank you all for reading! <3