Part 32

Maddison POV

~two week later~

Friday came around sooner than I had expected. Nothing intense has happened. I ignored Vic and occasionally talked to Aaron. My lunch time was spent in Megan's classroom with Valerie.

I was brought out of my thoughts when Miss Morgan slammed a book down onto my desk, causing everyone to jump at the sudden action. I looked up through my eyelashes, giving my best and most innocent look, but that didn't work. Her face was stone cold, and her eyes held a glint of amusement at the face I was giving, or maybe it was because she startled me, maybe both.

When she had all eyes on her, she let us know that we had a history project. I mentally cried to myself. We would get into groups of her choosing, and we would all have a different topic. I was paired with Valerie, which I was okay with since, one, she is crazy smart and fun to hang out with. I hide my smile when Miss Morgan pairs Vic and Emily, the class pet, together. She is going to hate that and is most definitely going to complain to Megan, er, Miss Morgan.

Mine and Valerie's topic was about World War One and Two. We had to explain what happened and how it started or whatever. I wasn't listening. I was very distracted with other thoughts.

I was packing up my things, getting ready to go home to my bed, when Vic stopped me as I left the building.

"Maddie, why have you been ignoring me?" I couldn't believe she just asked me that. Is she dumb or what? I know she remembers the kiss because Aaron asked me about it, and I never mentioned it to him. So Vic must have told him.

"Maybe it's the fact that you kissed me," I reminded her.

"That's it? Aaron kisses you, and yet you forgive him after a few days." Vic mentions it with a frown.

"That's because he didn't know I was gay." Once I realised that I had started developing feelings for Vic, I started distancing myself and realising that whatever I felt would never compare to what I feel for Megan.

My heart warms when I hear and see her. My body burned with just a small, simple touch. It's as if my world begins with her and ends with her. She was my soul; she was my heart, and if I were to run forever, my path would always end up with me in her arms, like I never left at all.

"Did you not feel anything? Because I did maddie, my heart explored." I sighed. Valerie told me that her twin sister could be manipulated when she didn't get what she wanted. She told me to be careful, as she can be very good with her words.

I did not say anything, as I turned away and walked to my car.

I sat on my bed, studying for an exam that I had next week that would determine what grade I would get. I have lots of tests coming because exams are starting next month, and we are preparing for that by doing lots of test papers. I am going to die. My phone ringtone went off, and I sat straight up, seeing the ID caller.

Dalia. Harper adopted mom.

With hesitation, I answered.

"Maddison Edward?" A gentle woman voice rang though the phone. "It's me Dalia Gilbert?"

After my shocked I replied. "Yes, of course."

"How have you been?" The older woman asked me. Dalia was a nice lady. she is 29; and she and her husband, Travis, unfortunately could not have a baby. I wanted to keep my baby, but I knew that I would not be able to provide for her like I wanted. I didn't have a job. I had school to think about and colleges to be forewarned about.

"I've been good." I smiled. "How have you and your husband been." I asked.

"We been great and so has harper." My smile faltered. My parents wanted us to move away because they feared that being so close to the little baby would distract me from learning and school. I never forgot about her and I always had this feeling of emptiness. The hole was almost filled when me and Megan started dating. "I was surprised to get a voice message. I hadn't heard from you since you gave me harper."

"I know we ended moving, and my dad thought it would be best to not contact." I truthfully told the older woman.

We talked for another 10 minutes about the one year old, about how I could always come and see the baby. I felt content as we ended the phone call.

Megan: what are you doing?

I received as Dalia name disappears. My fingers slide across the keyboard as I replied back.

Me: nothing, what are you doing?

Megan: dying physical and mentally :)

Me: aww what's is wrong? Is someone missing me? Is that why you ain't doing well?

Megan: You wished.

Me: sad, why are you dying than?

Megan: I am marking a bunch of fools work and some didn't even spell their own name right.

I giggle out loud.

Me: and that's why you're dying.

Megan: honey, I love you, however, you are not the brightest either. only difference is you can spell your name.

I stopped typing when realising she said 'I love you'  I wasn't sure what to say. Do I even mention it?

Me: you love me?

Megan: was that not obvious?

Me: i don't know. I never really had a relationship sooo

Megan: yes, Maddison Edward I love you.

Me: well then I love you too Megan Morgan.

Megan: I know that, I mean have you looked at me? I am loveable.

Me: sure.

We texted back and forth until we both grown tired.

A/N
Next chapter will be about how maddie got pregnant.

Bye humans or whatever
:)