March 18 2019 - Wellington Horses

The big house beside the barn was quiet as Norah walked inside. Searching the whole house with no luck in finding anyone she made her way to the barn. Walking along the short gravel path she saw most horses outside, enjoying the sun. Walking into the big stable she saw her good friend Toby getting her horse Splash Dance ready.

" Hey Tobes, what's up?"

"You're back! You have to tell me all about it later after I've finished with Splash. I'm just gonna ride her through for a short bit, until we get the results that she is good again."

"Sounds great, I'll watch and see how she is. ''
Norah petted the beautiful white mare before she walked out again to the arena where her dad had a lesson. Watching the lesson she had some time to think about everything. Being away from home and her friends so much, not being able to take care of her horses the way she wants. The bad results from Australia, hopefully wouldn't the whole season be like that. It was just too early to jump into any conclusions. Watching Toby ride her beloved horse made her a bit better, but still not knowing if she could make it back into the show jumping business made Norah's stomach twist. Walking with the two later on she talked about her whole weekend, the dinner, all media duties, how nice all the drivers were, the situation with Charles and every other step Norah took during her weekend.
The rest of the afternoon she spent with her friends and family until jetlag started to hit. She decided to get home before she would fall asleep behind the wheel.

It was so nice to see you again sweetheart, bad luck with the race but you'll get them next time. Are you sure you don't want dinner here?" Laura asked Norah just as she was about to leave.

"No, it's fine mumma, I'll just take something from home" Norah said reassuring her step mom. She said goodbye to her brother and dad before she hopped in her Tesla and started to drive home.
Having a little more than a week home she made sure to spend it with her closest friends, her family and her horses. The last day she made sure she had packed everything before she walked over to her fridge and stuffed all fresh things in a bag. She drove to her friend Thomas who always took care and ate up all her things when she needed to leave, a thing they had been doing since they got to know each other.