29/11 2019 - Abu Dhabi

Last Friday for the 2019 season, the long but thrilling season was wrapping up just before December. Norah enjoyed the sun and some smoothies with her friends before FP1. Although the season had its ups and downs, a lot of drama between the drivers they were all still friends. Many of the young drivers practically grew up with each other, Charles and Pierre were close. The whole British gang based their whole friendship on sleepovers at everybody's house in the past years.

"I'm looking forward to Christmas, it feels like forever since I was home. What are all of you doing during the break?" Lando said enjoying his smoothie.

"Back to Monaco for a week or two, spending time with family" Charles said. He had a rocky season, finishing fourth in the standings but everything with the passing of Anthoine messed up his mind.

"I'm just gonna chill the whole break, see family of course but mainly just relaxing" George said, the season had been tough for him as well. The Williams car isn't the best out there and he was still waiting for his first point.

"I'll go to Sweden the week before Christmas but then spend Christmas in England. I'm off to Germany after that to spend new years there" Norah said, having divorced parents has ups and downs but this must definitely be a down.

"Why are you going to Germany?" Lance asked.

"Hiking with Mick, tradition since I don't know when. Being up in the mountains when the clock turns is fascinating.Then I'm going to Achen to look at a few horses" Norah answered.

"Always doing something, do you ever relax?" Esteban asked.

"On the flights." Norah answered simply.

The group kept talking for a while before the first drive of the day. After a minute Norah saw Lando and Charles looking at something behind her.

"Norah isn't that-?" Charles started when she turned astound only to see her whole family, her father included.

"Bwlahh it's my dad" She said choking on her smoothie, turning her head back to her friends. Mentally preparing herself to greet her dad she put down her cup and turned back to him.

"Dad! What are you doing here?!" She said walking over.

"Well I thought it was time for me to come out and see you doing what you, yeah what you do!" He greeted his daughter. After a quick hug Norah looked at her brother and step mum.

"What did you do to get him here?" She asked, still confused.

"Believe it or not it was partly his idea along with Matt of course" Laura said, The beautiful french accent still peaking through.

"Yeah I'll believe you for now" Norah said with a smile, she went to hug her brother and then she introduced her family to her friends. Lando was adored by the whole family, they greeted him like he was family. Which he was according to Norah.

Having family at the track was something Norah was used to, just not this family. She loved her dad, couldn't ask for a better one but they have always been so different and independent. At the race track her family was David and all of her friends, especially Lando. Her childhood best friend and brother from another mother. Many people feel bad for Norah's situation and relationship with her father but according to them both that is just how they work together, by minding their own business.