Bahrain - First race of the 2021 season

F1 was back, and so was Norah. She was ready, as ready as she'll ever be, only one thing was troubling her. She got her body back in shape, her mind on the other hand was not back in shape. Getting back in the car at this track was scarier than she'd thought, trying to push her thought away and interact with her team for the first track walk for the season.

They all walked at normal speed, talking about the corners a bit but mostly catching up what everybody had been doing over winter break. When they got out of turn three Norah could see the barriers, now all fixed up but she got the memories back in her head. She walked up to the barriers and took a hold on the edge, now on the other side than last time. She looked at the barrier and around where her car had been scattered all over the place and flames everywhere. She took a deep breath.

"Hey, are you okay?" Adam, her trainer asked her.

"They patched it up good, looks brand new. Yeah I'm fine, happy to be on this side" She reassured him, the group kept on walking.

Red Bull team got back after a good walk around the track. Norah then followed her usual routines, a run along the track after the track walk only this time she didn't do one or two laps. After five laps her trainer stopped her. The track was closing. She walked away from the garage to the Red Bull motorhome, on her way she saw a recognizable face.

"Betsy!!!" She shouted to her friend, Mick turned around in his Haas outfit. The two shared a long hug. The two of them had dreamt of this since forever, racing together in F1. A dream came true.

"How are you Norah? You're sweaty" He commented

"Yeah I went for a run, it's warm when I can't wear shorts. I'm good, just getting used to the new team and getting ready for sunday! You excited?"

"Yes, so happy, ey can I see it?" He pointed to her left ear. Norah promised she would get a tattoo when Mick got into F1. She turned 90 degrees and got her hair out of the way. Right behind her ear was "MSC 047" Tattooed with a pretty thin line.

"I still can't believe you did that" he laughed

"Well I did! I gotta go, I'll see you later!!" Norah turned and started running to her motorhome.

"Hey Norah!"

"Yeah?" She answered, turning around to her friend.

"Don't overwork yourself, okay?"

"Never" She smiled and kept running.

Mick, or Betsy like Norah calls him couldn't help but get a bit worried. She didn't seem like the Norah he knows, something was different. Maybe she is just nervous about the race, he can't help but think that something is bothering his friend. With a frown he turned and walked back to his friends.

"What's up man?" Logan asked him

"I don't know, something's up with Norah, I just can't put my finger on what."

"What do you mean... what would be wrong?" Dennis asked.

"I don't know, she keeps hard things to herself. It's hard for her to open up sometimes. Maybe I'm just overreacting, she's probably just nervous for the race.

"Yeah I would too, I hope it's nothing too serious. I'd hate to see her sad." Dennis said

"Yeah cause you have the biggest crush on her, It's obvious Hauger" Logan teased

"I don't, I just don't want any harm on her that's all"

The three friends walked through the paddock, Mick tried to think about something else, only for one second. It was impossible, something was off with Norah. If he would get the chance to speak to his future self he would get the news that yes, something big is off with Norah. Save her before it's too late, from him, from everything. But unfortunately time travel doesn't exist, he'd just have to wait and see.