Flashback - January 2013

"It's alright Mick calm down okay? Just give me a second." Norah was on the phone with a broken Mick. He had just gotten back from skiing with his family when Michael injured himself. He almost lost his life and the whole family was in pieces. Norah was close with the whole family after she got to know Mick in 2008, they even taught her some German.

"I'dont know what to do Norah.. What if he dies? I can't lose him, I can't, I can't."

"You won't Betsy I promise you won't lose him okay. I'm here whenever you need me okay. I'm booking a flight to Germany right now okay? I'll see you in 9 hours and we'll talk everything through. Hold on Mick, you're strong and he is too."

"Okay.." You could hear how broken he was, Michael was his hero. He couldn't see a world without him.

"I have to leave." Norah walked into the kitchen with her bag.

"Where do you have to be?" Scott asked

"Mick just almost lost his dad in a skiing accident, he's crushed. I have to be there for him."

"Norah you can't just leave and fly to Germany by yourself!" Laura answered with a concerned tone.

"Wouldn't be my first time flying alone and I know some German. I'll be fine."

"I'll at least drive you to the airport and you call the second you land and when you get to them."

Norah and Laura left for the airport. Norah had flown a few times by herself, mostly when nobody wanted to join her at a race, but also for other reasons. She knew Birmingham airport like she knew racing, she had no problem getting through security nor finding her gate. The flight felt like forever, she just wanted to see Mick, hug him and just be there for him and his whole family.

She watched the beautiful landscape of Germany, she loved this country and wished she was here for other reasons. She loved the Schumacher family as well, spending time with them, Michael trying to learn Norah German, talking about horses with Gina and baking with Corrina. Mick and Norah always had a good time, no matter what they were doing, racing, watching YouTube, hiking and singing karaoke. She loved this family, almost more than her own. She hoped Michael would get better soon.

The car parked just outside their driveway, she paid the driver and took her bag. She felt a bit anxious about meeting everybody, not knowing how bad Michael's case was. She walked up to the door but before she reached it the door opened, Mick walked out and hugged his friend. Norah dropped her bag and hugged her friend tightly, her shirt slowly getting wet on her right shoulder from tears. Norah didn't know how to feel, she needed to be strong for her friend but she was also sad about everything. Michael was a hero for many and Norah was one of them. His driving was miraculous, how he managed to drive in every condition. She wanted to be just like him. After the long hug the two went inside and she got to meet the rest of the family, everybody equally sad as Mick. Norah decided to stay for a week or two and help with keeping the house in good shape, the family would have to travel a lot to the hospital and back so Norah made sure dinner was on the table every night. She really didn't mind, she loved to cook. She comforted Mick almost every night when Corrina wasn't able to, she needed to grief as well. One night Norah was in Mick's room helping him to sleep, her new trick was to sing for him. He loved it and Norah saw on his face that he could sort of relax, his favourite was "The mamas & the papas, dream a little dream of me". After he had fallen asleep Norah sneaked out of his room and went down to the kitchen to fix the last things, Corrina was there. With a glass of wine in her hand, half empty.

"Sorry, you shouldn't see me like this." She tried to hide her face and the glass.

"It's fine, I've seen worse." she chuckled a bit. Norah started on the last dishes.

"I really have to thank you for doing this Norah, what would i do without you?"

"You would've been fine, I have to thank you too. This whole family has done so much for me. This is simple gratitude."

"Well you are an angel, truly. Thank you for helping Mick too, you are close."

"Yeah he's my best friend. Couldn't ask for anyone else to fill that place." she answered with a smile.

"My curiosity is taking over, I have to ask. Are you more than best friends?"

"Me and mick? God no, just friends I promise. I have someone else in mind, no offence" Norah chuckled.

"Okay, I guess when you showed up here to be with him when no one else did, I got an idea in my head but I got it. Do you want to tell me about the other one? "

"Well I've known him for a few years, he's a racer too. He's pretty cute, has a beautiful french accent, awesome driving skills and great flirting technique."

"Well would I happen to know who he is?" Corrina teased.

"Maybe, He's from Monaco and he has a younger brother." Norah kept giving clues.

"Oh that Charles Leclerc is a good one. People are always talking about him and his future in F1."

"Yeah he sure has mad skills."

Norah and Corrina kept talking for a bit. Eventually Corrina poured out the rest of her wine and cleaned her glass. Time kept going so the two said goodnight. Perhaps tomorrow will be better.