prologue

Haechan came home back to his apartment, tired from school. He and Jeno was Game Design Majors and they were both in their senior year, mostly spending time on their computers.

Nowadays though they don't spend too much time anymore because Jeno started dating a girl name Choi Hyunji so he's been spending time with Jeno a lot less. It was more like Jeno and Hyunji had quiet study dates at the apartment or at the Sun and Moon Cafe and Haechan leaves them alone. Hyunji is quiet though so he doesn't keep much conversation with her but she's decent.

"Are you hanging out with Hyunji today?" Haechan sat on the couch while Jeno grabbed a glass of water to drink.

Jeno gulped the water that he cranked and wiped his arm over his mouth. "Nah, she's doing a project with her friends today."

"Tsk." Haechan made a remark and Jeno raised an eyebrow.

"Got a problem?" Jeno interrogated him.

"Nothing." Haechan turned his head back on the blank television and stared at it mindlessly. "Just you and your relationship things."

"Haechan..." Jeno knew where this conversation was going, knowing it wouldn't turn out so well. "You can always-"

"No." Haechan grew angry, taking a deep breath and darted glares at Jeno. Jeno was scared at this point as he just stood there frozen. "Stop talking to me about them, I get it, you're in love."

Haechan darted into his room and slammed his door. Jeno shot his eyes closed and had a bit of a jump scare from the slam of the door. Haechan was the scariest person he found angry, especially since he doesn't get angry that often.

"Thank goodness Mark and Erin moved out." Jeno washed the glass of water and went to his room so that the apartment does not become a disaster over two young adults fighting.

Mark and Erin moved out last year leaving Jeno and Haechan in the apartment alone. The couple wanted a smaller place closer to the university so that it's a walkable distance. Also, it gave Erin a breather from living with three guys. Now their old room was a guest room.

"Erin would definitely get annoyed.." Jeno talked to himself as he started doing homework on his desk in his room.

-

Jaein was at home with her older Jaemin who is older than her by a year and few months. They were eating an afternoon snack that Jaemin had made.

"When is mom coming home?" Jaein bit into her sandwich, chewing slowly.

"Tonight, she's probably working on small projects for a few clients." Jaemin responded to his sister who was quiet as usual. "Why? Need something from her?"

Jaein shook her head and they ate in silence. Jaemin looked at his sister with care, being used to her quiet personality.

They lived with their mother who was an artist who had her own studio business in the city. Their mother paints artworks for clients and makes a lot of money, hence also having a lot of art paintings around their house. Their father? Died from cardiac arrest when the twins were 19 (4 years ago) and used to be a famous speed skater.

Jaemin is a senior and Inha is a junior and both film majors in Seoul National University. They did everything together and sometimes Jaemin babies her, mainly cause it's in his personality to.

"Have you made any new friends this year at school, Jaein?" Jaemin started a conversation at the dining table with his sister, eating his sandwich that he made. It was delicious as usual.

"No." Jaein deadpanned. "I don't trust people."

"Nayeon was not your true friends. Song Minjae is a player." Jaemin brought up her ex best friend whom she had drama with in the past. They called Inha terrible names and felt like Jaein was an energy vampire to them. Jaein was just simply a quiet girl and only speaks when she needs to. "Don't go back to them, please."

"I won't." Jaein admitted in defeat, trying to prove to Jaemin that they were her bestest friends ever but guess not after hearing what they did to Inha from her own brother. "I'll just not have friends."

"Don't say that, little sister." Jaemin pouted while looking at Inha who had chubby cheeks from the food in her mouth. "You can always hangout with me and my friends."

"Aren't all your friends dudes?" Jaein scrunched her nose, looking at her brother quite frankly, remembering the people Jaemin spent with in high school. "What if people start calling me a slut?"

"They won't. All of my friends can throw a first  even though they look soft and nice. You're all good." Jaemin reassured his sister.

"As long they're not dooshbags then they're fine." Jaein made one last comment and grabbed her and Jaemin's plate after finishing their afternoon snack. "I'll wash the dishes. You can head out to your friends' place or whatever."

"You already know these dooshbags, they're from high school." Jaemin gave Jaein one last glance before leaving the house. "Call me if you need anything." He took a deep breath.

"Okay." Jaein watched the door close as she shut her eyes trying not to let her emotions flow over her. She just honestly feels bad that Jaemin is doing all the work as a brother and Inha doesn't do anything back.

It was more like she can't express herself.

-

"Haechan? Can you open the front door? I think Jaemin is here." Jeno told Haechan and he obeyed without hesitation, simply opening the door to let his friend Jaemin in.

The friend group called 7Dream, consists of Mark, Renjun, Jeno, Haechan, Jaemin, Chenle, and Jisung met through a music club and became friends since then. The music club died though so now they find other interests they can do together. They had dinner and now just sitting in the living room together, vibing with one another.

Haechan just smiled as his friends were making stupid remarks. Some days he's very energetic but some days he just wants to save his energy. Jaemin got a sudden phone call, picking it up.

"Yeah?" Jaemin was hearing the concern over the phone. He panicked a bit hearing the heavy breathing over the phone. "You got it, take deep breaths okay? I'll be home soon. Just have the pills on the side."

Everyone watched Jaemin in concern as he gathered his belongings. "Sorry guys, I have to go home. My sister needs my help." Jaemin abruptly left and left everyone shocked.

Everyone was quite shocked to hear those words coming out from Jaemin, especially Haechan who hasn't heard her name in the longest time, feeling bitter emotions with her name being heard.

"Oh Jaein..." Renjun sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose.

"Poor girl I hope she's okay." Mark mumbled under his breath and luckily no one can hear him.

-

so...? how we feelin'