one

Jaein was at school, parting ways with Jaemin as she left him to go do her own thing, walking around the school building before her class starts.

"See you after school little sis." Jaemin ruffled Inha's hair and she closed her eyes shut, aware of the mess that Jaemin was going to create on her hair.

"Thanks, Jaemin. I'll see you soon." Jaein responded sweetly to him like usual since they rarely fought even as siblings.

"Let me know if anything happens, alright?" Jaemin whispered closer to Inha's ear indicating his worry. "You know, I'm very worried about you."

"I know, I know..." Jaein nodded at him. "Thanks for worrying about me."

"Gotta do what a brother has to do." Jaemin waved goodbye to Inha as they finally left one another to part ways.

She knew about his friends and met them a couple of times and they were pretty nice since she knew them single high school except for Mark. She basically stopped seeing Jaemin's friends once she got into her clique at university.

"Hey Jaein! Wait up!! Let's walk to class together! I think we're going in the same direction." Erin ran up to Jaein, giving Jaein a hug.

Erin was someone Jaein met over the summer and even though Erin was a senior and Jaein was a junior, Erin was her only female friend at the moment. Erin also knows about the story of Jaein's fake friend and her ex-boyfriend and she loves how Erin has a different reaction because she's used to a different dating culture. "Hey Erin! Are you excited for the school year?"

"Heck yeah! I'm so ready to get out of here!" Erin and Jaein hugged and soon walked together in the hallway. "Also, I want to dedicate as much time to you as much as possible before I graduate. I'll come visit though!"

"Erin, you should be getting a big girl job." Jaein chuckled, suggesting her not to waste too much time with university students.

"I will. Catch you later okay babe?" Erin winked with her snarky comment. Jaein nodded and waved goodbye to her while Erin excitingly walked to class.

Jaein simply walked her way to class since it was still far. She had to move through a big crowd of students and she bumped shoulders with someone on accident.

"Oh, I'm so sorry... I didn't mean to hit..." Jaein turned around to see the person she bumped into. She was in shocked to see who it was, not seeing the particular person in a long time. "Haechan....?"

"Oh.... Jaein." Haechan's eyebrows furrowed looking at the short girl who was looking at him as if she saw a ghost. Haechan mentally rolled his and walked away, giving Jaein the coldest stare.

Weird.

"Odd... last time I saw him was freshmen year at university." Jaein shrugged those thoughts off quickly as she stood at the front door of her photography class, her favorite subject. She took a deep breath and happily walked in.

-

Haechan got up from his seat since his class ended, walking alongside Jeno. Haechan stretched his limbs since he was numb from sitting on a chair for a long time. "Are you going to lunch today?" Jeno threw the question at Haechan while packing his bags.

"Depends on how I feel." Haechan lowly replied.

"You felt something." Jeno responded quickly, knowing what that meant. "What happened today? Did the professor piss you off again?"

"No, but he's always an asshole for being a dumb professor." Haechan shrugged while walking out of the classroom. " Girls just want to stare at me like always and I always give them the cold shoulder."

"That's you with every girl in the university, I'm sure it's one of your little antics where you just don't care about anyone at all." Jeno gave a piece of advice while Haechan was wondering if he should buy it. "You're handsome and girls have the hots for you, but you never spare them a glance."

"That's because they just want to get into my pants. I'm literally the most boring man ever." Haechan walked into the cafeteria alongside Jeno. "It's whatever."

Haechan was automatically greeted with his group of friends: Renjun, Mark, Jaemin, Chenle and Jisung. Chenle and Jisung were juniors while everyone else was a senior.

"Awee, did our Haechannie find a girlfriend on his first day?" Renjun came up to him and started squishing his cheeks.

Haechan used this time to pinch Renjun's cheeks back and now having a cheek pinching battle. "You wish I did. Did you find a girlfriend on your first day of school?" Haechan's voice was muffled alongside Renjun but later stopped because they both got tired.

"Who wants to sit on the last spot next to me?" Mark asked the crowd of friends and Renjun and Haechan's face turned immediately.

"Me bitch." Renjun took the seat first while Haechan ran and tugged on him.

"Please Renjun~ I wanna sit with Mark~" Haechan whined like a baby while Renjun stuck his tongue out.

"You guys are cousins and you literally see Mark everyday, I don't. Now shoo." Renjun made the shooing gesture so that Haechan took the seat next to Chenle at the table.

"Did Mark reject you?" Chenle casually asked him letting out a giggle.

"Yeah, he hates me so much." Haechan pouted sarcastically while Mark just laughed and continued talking to Renjun. "Mark do you want me to kiss you until you can't breathe?"

"Ew fuck off." Mark made a disgusted face, trying to get away from Haechan's grip.

"He's definitely rejected all right." Jisung added his comment as he was eating his lunch. "Geez I wonder what K-Drama you are watching this time."

"Jaemin, are you inviting your sister?" Jeno stirred up the question all of the sudden. "I saw her talking to Erin this morning."

Jaemin saw all eyes were on him blinking. He honestly didn't know how to respond especially when he's trying to hide his sister's identity from a specific member. He knew it was the best.

"Jaein told me that she's-" Jaemin was cut off by Erin who latched onto Inha's arm now standing next to Jaemin at the table.

"No she's not, she's coming here with me." Erin interrupted Jaemin. "Now give us space."

Erin and Jaein sat down and Jaein waved awkwardly since it was a long time since she saw everyone. The guys gave her warm welcomes back but Haechan on the other hand was utterly confused. He leaned towards Jeno's ear. "Why does she hang around with Erin?"

Jeno was about to speak until he got the death glare from Jaemin, slowly closing back his mouth. He had to choose his words carefully and honestly he didn't know why Jaemin glared at him like that. "Don't know but I don't mind it."

Haechan let out a light scoff and watching that girl disgustingly. It was a good thing that no one noticed.

Jaein on the other hand was laughing away with all the jokes that Chenle was talking about, especially the ones making fun of Jisung. She was able to relate to them since she found out they were juniors too.

"And then Jisung asked me if he can use soap to wash vegetables. He's literally going to poison us if he does that." Chenle went on.

"Hey! I didn't know the extent you wanted me to wash them!" Jisung pouted and rolled his eyes.

"It's okay Jisung. I thought we could mix water and oil in a boiling pot together but that almost caused a fire. Jaemin said that I shouldn't be in the kitchen ever again." Jaein reassured Jisung with her embarrassing story with cooking.

One thing that bothered Jaein was at the other side of the table, specifically Haechan. Their encounter that same morning was very weird. She wondered why he became so different but most importantly, why is he acting like he doesn't know her at all?

-

theories?

note 2/9/23: Jaein's old oc name was Inha but then I changed it whoops