fourty

Winter break rolled around and Haechan was sitting at his desk in his room, basically trying to plan out what to do for Jaein's birthday. He knew her birthday was exactly 7 days from Christmas and counting down, time was not on his hands since it was tomorrow. It was her 21st birthday.

"What's gotten you frustrated at 11:59pm?" Jeno leaned against the door to Haechan's bedroom.

"Jaein's birthday." Haechan mumbled under his breath. Jeno was surprised since Haechan was someone who can do anything in any given moment. To see him prepare something, was odd to Jeno himself. "It's tomorrow and I planned nothing."

"What did you plan so far?" Jeno asked Haechan who was trying to figure out the itinerary.

"So far, cable car to Namsan and a fancy dinner that's it. I also got us matching necklaces. But I feel like would she want more?" Haechan was scratching his head, trying to see if he could develop more ideas. "I told her to wear something comfortable and cozy."

"I think whatever you plan for her will be enough. She's in love with you. She'll do anything you do for her." Jeno crossed his arms and came closer, looking at Haechan's laptop with his ideas. Then he closed it. "She's always giving you those eyes, finding ways to be close with you, but she also understand when you need your personal space."

"You'll think she'll like it?" Haechan turned his chair and got eyes from the older.

"Positive."

-

Jaein woke up in the morning with her brother using one of the small confetti popper saying 'Happy Birthday' to her. It wasn't pleasant at all but she can't avoid the situation since this is something Na Jaemin would do.

"Please tell me that there isn't a cake." Jaein yawned while stretching her arms. She got up from the bed into a sitting position and there it was, the coffee cake Jaein always loves. "Oh gosh..." Jaein rubbed her eyes. She waited till her brother sang the Happy Birthday song before blowing the candles out.

"And also my precious little sister, you need to get ready for your date today with your sweet boyfriend." Jaemin winked and left her bedroom with the cake. "It will be in the fridge if you want some when you come downstairs!"

Jaein gave her brother the okay. She got up, did her morning routine and got ready with her date with Haechan. She wore a white knit sweater with some jeans to pair with it. She decided to wear her uggs since she knew it was good to be cold. Then she topped it off with her brown plaid padding jacket.
Makeup was a bit on the slightly heavier side today.

Jaemin called his sister from downstairs. "Na Jaein! Your date is ready!"

Jaein quickly grabbed her belongings and went downstairs. The front door was already met with Haechan standing there as he came with open arms. She ran up to him and gave him a bear hug, all smiles on both of these faces.

"Happy Birthday, my love." Haechan quickly pecked Jaein on the forehead. Jaemin gave them an odd look since they usually don't do PDA.

"Get her home before 8pm." Jaemin spoke to Haechan which sounded more of a demand. His tone changed after seeing Haechan being slightly weirded out. "We just want family time since our mother will be home around the time."

"Jaemin, you're so overprotective. I will be fine." Jaein pouted, lacing her hands with her boyfriend.

"She's safe with me. You've trust me with her already for the longest time. It's kind of funny how you're telling me to be careful." Haechan made his savage remarks towards Jaemin.

"Whatever." Jaemin sarcastically scoffed, crossing his arms. Then he pushed the two outside of their house. "Just have fun but not too much fun!"

Haechan lightly chuckled at his statement while Jaein's cheeks have flustered red, blushing at exact what subject it was. Sure they had sex a couple of times in their relationship but Haechan never pressured her into it. It was more that Jaein asked if he was down and it just happened at the few of the many nights they spend together.