seventeen

Jaein lost her appetite to eat lunch and sat mindlessly at the school's courtyard. Haechan sat next to her to provide her some company after her breakdown in the hallways earlier.

"Next time, I'll punch him." Jaein internally hyped herself up forming into fists and her face turned into a twisted expression.

Haechan on the other hand chuckled at her small action. "I'll make sure that he won't escape from you."

"Perfect, we would make a great team." Jaein beamed a smiled and reached out for a high five. Haechan slowly took it and high fives her and they sat in a peaceful silence till their next classes started.

-

Jaein and Jaemin were at home watching their mother look through mails that they have received. The family of 3 were eating dinner.

"Kids look." Mrs. Na pulled out a golden envelop which titled Jaemin and Jaein's name. "You two must have a wedding invitation."

Jaemin opened the mail revealing the information.

To: Na Jaemin and Na Jaein
You are formally invited to the wedding and the reception of Kim Doyoung and Lee Jena
Date: Saturday, October 16th
Location: Star Grand Hotel, Seoul, South Korea
Time: 5:00pm
Dress Code: Any color that will go with the gold theme of the wedding.
Thank you

"That's about less than a month now." Mrs. Na looked at the invitation from her two kids. "High business profile with families?"

"Yep." Jaemin and Jaein responded in unison, laughing right after.

"Wait, there's another envelop that's similar to the gold theme that Jena and Doyoung are having." Jaemin took a look at it. "It's for you Jaein."

"Me?" Jaein opened the envelope and gasped.

To: Na Jaein
An invitation for you to be our photographer for the wedding. Please see details below about contact information and pricing.
Thank you.

"No way little sis! I'm so proud of you! You should accept it." Jaemin looked at the details of Doyoung and Jena's number and the price they're paying. "The price they're paying you is usually higher than a normal budget."

"Why didn't you get the offer? You're the better one?" Jaein was stunned about the paper she got since also it's her first one.

I wanted you to have an opportunity, plus Doyoung and Jena liked the photos you took in the past.

"Maybe Doyoung and Jena heard that you were pretty good too and it could also look good on your portfolio. I know you know Doyoung but seeing that Jena doesn't know you that well and she's asking you to take photos is a big deal to their wedding." Jaemin  pushed the paper with the photography details to Jaein.

"Should I give them a call?" Jaein asked her older brother.

"Definitely." Jaemin patted Jaein's back and their mother clapped wiping her fake tears.

-

"I'm sorry."

Renjun and Haechan sat at the Sun and Moon Cafe at night and had their dessert together. "I shouldn't make you feel pressured with all the information but you were misjudging her in the beginning."