seven

Jaein was lying on the bed mindlessly in the guest room they had at Haechan and Jeno's apartment. Jaein borrowed some of Jena's clothes that were left here in case she gets too lazy to go home from her brother's place.

Haechan contemplated whether or not to knock on the door since Jaein hasn't came out for a while now even after changing and showering. He pinched the bridge of his nose and settled down.

"Jaein." Haechan knocked the door a couple of times to see if he got any response. "I made you some ramen."

After a couple seconds later, Jaein slowly opened the door and she looked like she just woke up from bed, except that she was significantly sullen. She looked up at Haechan and spoke softly 'thank you' to him and followed him to the dining room table where two bowls of ramens were placed. They both ate in silence.

"Why did you help me?" Jaein blurred out her thoughts out of nowhere. Her sudden speaking brought Haechan's attention, raising an eyebrow.

"Go again?" Haechan responded staring her down.

"Why didn't you just let me suffer with Nayeon?" Jaein asked the question. She couldn't look at Haechan in the eye since she knew his gaze was scary enough.

"I thought you two were-" Haechan stopped himself from speaking further as it seemed to make Jaein shake a little bit. And that's when he really knew they weren't friends anymore. "I might be an asshole to you, but I wouldn't let someone torment you like that, especially in public."

Haechan got up and washed his ramen bowl in the sink as Jaein was stunned on his words, unable to give a response. "Just because I offered to take you to my place for the night and cooked for you, that doesn't mean we're exactly on good terms."

Haechan continued to completely ignored Jaein after dinner and locked himself inside his room while Jaein was left in confusion.

Jaein heard the front door unlocked seeing that Jeno had came home from the party a few hours later. She walked up to Jeno and stood there like a lost child, lacing her hands together.

"If you're going to ask about your brother. He's staying at Renjun, Jisung, and Chenle's place right now and his car is at their place too. No need to worry." Jeno spoke to Jaein softly. It seemed like Jeno was out of breath trying to get a drunk Jaemin together.

"Thanks Jeno." Jaein nodded in understanding crossing her arms.

"What about Haechan?" Jeno asked the younger.

"He was nice enough to make me ramen." Jaein simply told him.

"It's hard to believe coming from two ex-lovers." Jeno sighed ensuring that he didn't hurt her feelings too much.

"It's fine." Jaein reassured Jeno since she noticed his slight tension in movement. "I have to get over it eventually and comply with his new personally." Jaein head back to her room, arms to the side as she was shivering in a t-shirt and sweatpants.

"Good night."

Weird, did none of the girls leave their hoodies in the guest room?

Jeno went into Haechan's room, opening it up without knocking and saw that he saw on his gaming chair with his setup playing a game. "Yo, mind tossing me your hoodie?"

"Why?" Haechan turned his seat facing Jeno in utter confusion. "It's literally 12:00 am in the morning."

"For Jaein." Jeno responded to Haechan who scoffed. "She's cold."

"Why can't you lend her one of yours?" Haechan asked Jeno harshly.

"Because I have a girlfriend and you're single so I can't get any interrogations going on." Jeno slyly smirked at Haechan who reluctantly got up, grabbed a black hoodie from his drawer and chucked it at his cousin.

"Here, leave." Haechan put his headphones on and went back to playing games.

Jeno made his way to the guest room where Jaein was staying. He knocked on the door a few times and Jaein opened the door.

"Here's Haechan's hoodie since I saw that you were freezing earlier." Jeno handed it to her. "I saw that you were freezing so I thought it would help. You can return it to him tomorrow."

Jaein perked an eyebrow wondering why Jeno was the one giving Haechan's hoodie to her but then again she took it because she was indeed freezing. She also realized that Jeno was not a single man so it would've created controversy if she took Jeno's hoodie to sleep. "Thank you Jeno. I'll give it to him tomorrow. Have a good night."

Jaein closed the door after Jeno nodded goodnight and she slipped on the hoodie on her which was an oversized dress on her. She lightly chuckled remembering the old memories from high school, then again, it's hard for Jaein to continue finding happiness.

Jaein tucked herself in bed and let sleep take over her.

-

Jaein woke up the next morning when the sun was shining in her eyes through the windows. It was still the weekend meaning that she was able to relax for the next two days. She slid off the hoodie and folded it nicely.

She then walked to the door of Haechan's room, giving it a knock. She didn't her a response so she opened the door slowly, seeing that Haechan was still sleeping soundly in his bed. She placed the hoodie on his bed and slowly checked out his features.

"Thank you." She softly whispered. Luckily, Haechan didn't hear her.

She felt like she was the same high schooler that fell in love with him again but thoughts quickly dismissed when he started shifting in his bed. That was the signal for her to leave his room and do her own thing until Jaemin comes to pick her up.

-

"Do you want anything?" Jeno approached Jaein who was sitting down watching television later in the afternoon. Jeno was planning to head to the convenient store to grab some snacks and on top of that groceries for him and Haechan.

"Maybe the peppero sticks. I like the chocolate and cookies and cream one, if possible. If not, then I will take any flavor." Jaein told Jeno who noted that on his phone, typing it out.

"Sounds good, make sure you get lost of rest today. If Jaemin just happens to arrive before I come home, just let me know and I can give your snack at school tomorrow." Jeno told Jaein bell while putting his shoes on.

A second later, Haechan came out of his room, all dressed up in a bomber jacket, a simple white shirt and jeans. He glanced towards Jaein who was sitting on the couch on their living room. "Jaein's still here?" Haechan turned his head towards Jeno, not pleasantly in the mood to see her.

"Jaemin's recovering from his hang over. When he's fine, he'll come pick up Jaein." Jeno looked at Haechan who was all dressed up. "Where are you going?"

"Meeting up with Jena." Haechan put his shoes on and opened the door. He grabbed his keys on the way out. "Don't worry about me."

"Since when did you get close with her?" Jeno perked up his eyebrows, finding it interesting that his own cousin is closer with his sister.

"None of your business." Haechan opened the front door and shutting it right after.

Jeno turned to Jaein who looked at them as if she was watching a drama. "I'm sorry about Haechan's attitude. Not sure why he's like that but hopefully he'll be able to warm up to you. Call me if something happens." Jeno prepared to leave the house too, grabbing his keys.

"Will do." Jaein beamed a smile and she watched Jeno leave the apartment.

Jaein continued watching television and rested from last night's party shenanigans. She simply didn't like the feeling of the alcohol being spilled on her especially from Nayeon. It gave her the shivers. Sadly, these events might stay in Jaein's mind for a while.

What also stayed in Jaein's mind was the thought of Haechan hanging out with another girl. Who was Jena? And what makes her so important to Haechan?

-

so who's gonna tell her.... Lol