twelve

"Jaein what the fuck are you doing?" Haechan asked the 18 year old girl who was laughing hysterically.

"I pranked Jisung on April Fool's Day!" Jaein was slapping her thigh as she was brimming all the tears from laughing. The couple was sitting at the bench at the front of their school.

"What the hell on earth did you do?" Haechan asked the woman, placing his arms hips sarcastically. "I hope this prank you have this year was an extraordinary one."

"I decided to get a fake brand of his Celine shirt and cut it. Then I showed it to him saying it was his real one." Jaein pulled out from her backpack the fake one she cut that turned out to be 30,000 won compared to his real one which was 200,000 won.

"Oh my god, you are one crazy girl Na Jaein." Haechan commented as he pulled her into a hug and kissed her forehead.

"Yeah a crazy girlfriend in your standards."

-

Jaein woke up decently earlier than her usual wake up time and had a dream from high school. It was weird but she shook it off. She realized she was sleeping on the couch and has assumed that she slept during the movie last night. She checked the time her phone which was 6:00am. Usually she would wake up at 6:30am for school since it started at 8:00am.

Jaein then decided to use this time to get ready and probably make a better quality breakfast for her, Jaemin, and their mom who came home late last night from work.

"Hi my beautiful baby!" Mrs. Na kissed Jaein on the shoulder. Jaein was making an omurice for breakfast for the family. "Remember that you're seeing Dr. Nam this weekend."

"Got it mom. Be careful, I don't want to burn you." Jaein brought the pan with the cooked omurice egg and placed it on the third plate, all ready to eat.

"Awee my daughter is so thoughtful." Mrs. Na pinched her cheeks.

"Do you have a gig today?" Jaein placed the pan in the sink so that she will wash it later.

"Nope, not today." Mrs. Na beamed giving her daughter a kiss. "I'm spending the day with the girls. We are getting old so we are trying our best to make the most out of our life!"

"That's great mother." Jaein smiled, watching her brother come down and eat breakfast. The three family members talked joyfully for the rest of the morning.

-

Jaein was organizing her belongings at her locker during break time in between classes. She felt a presence coming up to her and turns out it was the smiling Angel Renjun.

"Hi Renjun." Jaein closed her locker softly and turned towards him, leaning herself against the lockers. "What brings you here on this fine day?"

"Classy I see. Can't believe the Na Jaein is so excited to talk to me." Renjun beamed his heart smile, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear.

"You don't usually come here so it's odd." Jaein shrugged looking around to see students are about go to their next class. Jaein was carrying her camera on her right hand and her small lunch box was in her left hand.

"Here, let me help you carry something." Renjun tried to reach for the camera but was brought closer to Jaein instead. Then he reached for her lunch box which she allowed. "Sorry, I forgot your protective over your expensive belongings."

"All good." Jaein was thankful that Renjun understood the signals and they walked to Jaein's class together.

Soon they met across a particular someone standing across from them, eyes boring at the two. He looked at the lunch box in Renjun's hand and was walking with Jaein.

"Hi guys." Haechan spoke with venom dripping in his tone, laced in disgust.

"Hi Haechan." Jaein innocently smiled at him and looked at Renjun whom Haechan was staring at. "Oh, Renjun's just helping me bring my stuff to class."

"Haechan it's not what-" Renjun tried to calm his friend down but was interrupted.

"Didn't ask didn't care." Haechan quickly moved his feet, passing the two friends immediately without saying good bye.

"What was that all about?" Jaein was trying to understand what's going on.

"Jaein do you really not remember?" Renjun looked at her who was looking at him cluelessly.

"I think I've honestly gotten brainwashed after therapy. Freshmen year is so vague." Jaein sighed in frustration.

Renjun knew what she was gonna do next so he decided to take her to the rooftop, with some convincing to skip her next class which didn't matter too much when it comes to attendance.

-

Jaein and Renjun were at the school rooftop, sitting on a bench side to side. Luckily there was a roofing on top of it so the sun didn't blind their eyes. They knew it was going to be a heavy conversation.

"You were quite a mean person to break up with Haechan and then date me a month after. I trusted you with Nayeon since she was your best friend but I didn't think she would get you intoxicated to let a man take advantage of you. The only reason why I found out was because Jaemin and Jeno were at the party and luckily supervising you the entire time. That guy who was about to take advantage of you was Nayeon's boy toy and Jaemin and Jeno were suspicious about him." Renjun rapped a whole verse to Jaein who was shocked, memories now flowing back. "I ended things because I wasn't good for you. I trusted you with the wrong people."

"Oh Renjun...." Jaein gave him a hug, continuing on.

"That's probably why I was brainwashed well not necessary, but gave me method to forget it. It did leave a scar but I'm okay now. They probably tried getting rid of the advantage part." Jaein sighed, frustrated with all these memories coming back to her. "Honestly, I am such a bad person for doing this to Haechan, he deserves so much better, much better than me."

Jaein also realized her relationship with Renjun was only platonic and weren't the same feelings she had at the time for Haechan. She was a careless youngster that seek for fun rather than her own safety to the people who were true to her the entire time.

"Jaein, don't say that about yourself. He's just not used to seeing you around as a whole different person. He'll eventually warm up to you again. I have a feeling." Renjun rubbed Jaein's back in circles, passing tissues for her tears.

"What about you and Haechan?" Jaein returned a question to Renjun, now understanding why Haechan reacted the way he did earlier.

"Haechan and I didn't talk for 1 year after you dropped your first semester to go online in freshmen year." Renjun took a heavy breath, feeling guilty. "Everytime I would see him, he either ignored me or tried to bring up the past so I kept my distance. And eventually he forgave, we talked. Now he's all touchy."

"I see." Jaein looked away in the distance of the bright blue sky but also felt guilty for separating her two friends.

"But when it comes to the topic of you, he doesn't react very well." Renjun said looking at a different direction from Jaein.

"What do you mean?" Jaein looked towards Renjun. Renjun looked at her with his serious eyes and spoke slowly and clearly.

"He might be resisting his feelings."