twenty seven

Jaemin and Jaein were the last ones to get to Jeno and Haechan's apartment since their mother came home early from work. The three family members had a family dinner before going off to sleepover at their friend's place.

Everyone was collectively drinking and taking shots with another and catching up. Jaein drank quite a lot especially with Haechan on her side whom she tried to compete with but didn't work out.

"Hey girlie!" Erin wrapped her arm around Jaein, she was half sober half tipsy. "How you feeling? I'm totally so drunk right now! Mark's gonna have another go at me for drinking too much."

"I think I'm getting there..? But I'm not sure." Jaein sheepishly smiled at the older. "Maybe I am drunk but I'm really bad at telling the difference.... It's been a while."

"Aw you're so cute Jaein!" Hyunji picked the girl's cheeks. She was the one that was extremely out of it and was pulled by Jeno.

"Jeno! I'm not drunk! Let me go!" Hyunji tried to get out of her boyfriend's grasp while he grabbed onto her figure tighter.

"Yeah no, you're going to sleep." Jeno pulled Hyunji away. "If you stay out here longer you might end up breaking everything and I don't want you having more bruises on your body than you should, baby."

"Aweee fine.... You're right." Hyunji pouted allowing her boyfriend to take her to the bedroom so that she can pass out before anything else happens, according to the wise words of Lee Jeno.

Meanwhile, the rest of the boys continued taking some shots together and fooled around. Jaemin didn't drink too much cause he never liked alcohol.

"Are you going to shoot your shot?" Mark grabbed Haechan by the shoulders, slightly tipsy.

"I don't know... should I?" Haechan tried to be stable but he was slightly tipsy too. "What if she says no?"

"Get her before anyone else does!" Mark then went over to the other boys.

Jisung and Chenle were in their own world while Jaemin and Renjun made sure they didn't go too crazy.

"Did you know, that if it's not USB, then it's UBB?" Jisung spoke to Chenle why trying to rest his head on his arm that was placed on the table while sitting. The two were having a 'dinner moment.'

"That's stupid! UBB's don't exist." Chenle exclaimed, getting closer to his face.

"Okay, don't kiss each other now." Renjun tried to pull the two apart before some incident would happen.

"Aweee. My Jisungie is so cute!" Jaemin did an aegyo which Renjun looked at him weirdly.

Erin and Jaein were dancing to the music together that was playing, having the time of their lives. "Do you think boys are so weird sometimes?"

"Yeah, especially Lee Haechan. He's the weirdest of them all." Jaein respond back to Erin. "Maybe that's why I love him."

"Go! Go find him!" Erin pushed the girl away as she tried to find her way to his room in her drunken state. She didn't even know how many hours passed by but it was a while.

Haechan took a while to sober up from the night with the boys. It was funny seeing Chenle and Jisung getting drunk since they never went to that extent and surprisingly Renjun had a higher tolerance than he thought.

Right when he planned on sleeping, his bedroom door opened seeing a stumbling Jaein who was taking in by Renjun. Haechan's heart burned a little bit but before anything else happened, Renjun spoke up.

"She's looking for you." Renjun placed her on Haechan's bed next to him who was sitting on the side. "Take care of her."

Renjun then left the room and Haechan was met with a drunk Jaein. Her eyes were closed and she was mumbling coherent stuff. Then she suddenly started crying.

"I'm sorry... I'm so sorry Haechan." Jaein cried into her hands unable to face him.

"Why are you sorry?"

"I was the one that treated you so bad and I'm still in love with you." Jaein wiped her tears vigorously. "But I'll never get a second chance since you don't love me anymore. I get it."

Haechan was not expecting Jaein's confession but he definitely knew she was truthful as more tears poured out of her eyes. "Come here." Haechan pulled Jaein on top on his lap and she cried into his shoulder.

"I've forgiven you a long time ago so we can start over and take things slow." Haechan embraced her back and rubbed it with his hand. "But that's up to you when you're sober, not drunk."

"I... I love-" Jaein's muffled tears were soon shushed by Haechan.

"I heard you, Jaein." Haechan was sober at this point. "But you need to stop crying or else I can't understand what you're saying."

Jaein slowly followed his orders as her tears were beginning to be non existent. She lifted off his from his shoulders and tried to look at him from her tears that she poured constantly.

"Good, I don't want to see my Jaein crying anymore." Haechan wiped her remaining tears with his thumbs and remained caressing her back. 

There was a moment of silent where the two just bore into one another's eyes. Jaein's breathes became steady and Haechan waited to see if she was going to attempt anything else at this state.

"Can I kiss you?" Jaein blurred out of the blue.

"What?" Haechan was slightly baffled. "Repeat that again."

"Can I kiss you?" Jaein repeated her question.

"Not when you're drunk." Haechan resisted from the temptation that she was giving him. Jaein pouted getting upset, punching him on the shoulder, earning an 'Ow' from Haechan.

Jaein then leaned closer and cupped his cheeks while Haechan's eyes changed while looking into his eyes. "Do you really want me to kiss you too?" Haechan asked Jaein to make sure and she nodded.

He pulled her closer for a kiss. Lips were meshing together as if it was needed for the longest time. Jaein's arms were around Haechan's neck while he deepened the bite by biting her lips and eventually sliding his tongue into her mouth.

It felt like fireworks were in the sky as both heart beats were aching for this moment. The moment of true love coming back together but the moment the two were at ease.

Jaein released from the kiss with reddening cheeks. Haechan's arms were still around her while she was still on his lap. But then Jaein dove into the kiss again and it decided to turn to their second round of their make out session. Jaein grabbed the back of Haechan's hair and tried to lean closer, bodies against each other as they felt the warmth. Slight moans were coming from the both of them, but before they could get too far. Haechan broke from the kiss.

Jaein's eyes were threatening to close as Haechan took it as a signal to tuck her into his bed to be specific. He laid her down from his lap and made sure she wasn't sleeping in an odd posture. He then took it upon himself to lay down next to her where she was facing him, sleeping peacefully than ever. He pulled the duvet to cover the both of them and used his arm to pull her close. Shortly after Haechan fell asleep too.

On the other side of Haechan's door, two particular people were eavesdropping.

"Do you think they're having sex in there?" Jaemin whispered to Renjun raising his eyebrows and the shorter who was disgusted as ever.

"Ew, that's gross! Why would you bring that up?" Renjun whispered yelled turning to his friend.

"Hey man, anything could happen." Jaemin winked at Renjun and he crossed his arms.

"So? If anything that's not our businesses." Renjun rolled his eyes and there was a moment of silence between the two. "Even then, good for them cause you know they've been through a shit ton of emotions on the daily."

Jaemin switched the subject. "I mean to be honest I'm only okay with it if it's Haechan. If it was another guy, I would definitely throw-" Jaemin shrugged with a smirk on his face, making deep eye contact with Renjun. "He would definitely be dead."

"How about we go check on Chenle and Jisung? I think that would be a much better idea." Renjun walked away from the front door of Haechan's bedroom, disgusted by Jaemin's assumption.

"Na Jaemin's mind is something else, what the fuck is with him?"