thirteen

Haechan was sitting at home at the end of his school day, particularly on at his deck in his room doing homework. He already had dinner so he was getting back to where he left off in the middle of.

He heard a knock from his door and he shouted them to come in. Jeno peeked through the door. "Renjun's here for you."

Haechan mentally rolled his eyes, knowing where the conversation was going to go. "Let him in."

Renjun walked into Haechan's room and Jeno closed the door. Renjun made himself welcomed by sitting on Haechan's bed. He didn't mind though. "Need anything?"

"You know exactly why I'm here Haechan." Renjun deadpanned with his serious expression.

"Yeah? Tell me all about it." Haechan scoffed at Renjun. "Tell me why that she doesn't give a complete shit about me even when she came back."

"Haechan you need to understand her." Renjun signed.

"Understand what? I can't force her to tell me anything so I just have to fucking wait my ass out hoping that she would open up to me." Haechan bolted out of his seat. "I've tried my best to be nice but I don't think it will ever be the same."

"It takes time." Renjun tried to come up with an explanation but Haechan grew angrier.

"Tell me why after I broke up with Jaein she decided to date you immediately as if nothing happened." Haechan shouted at his friend Renjun. "If you still like her now, go for it. I don't fucking care."

Haechan pushed his car and grabbed his backpack, packing his laptop, school belonging, and some clothes. Renjun knew what this meant and he couldn't stop him. "I don't have interest in dating her because I was the one who lead her to the wrong people. She doesn't deserve that."

"Doesn't fucking matter. It's not like she'll care about me in the long run. She's just going to be the carefree girl she'll always want to be." Haechan lifted his backpack to his shoulders and left his room while Renjun just sat on his bed being frustrated. It was so obvious where Haechan stands. "And also it's not your business to tell me this. It should be her's."

"She changed." Renjun tried to get a word to his friends mouth but Haechan shut the door loudly.

Jeno opened the door to Haechan's room seeing a frustrated Renjun sitting on Haechan's bed. "Did he go to Jena and Doyoung's place?

"Yup." Renjun got up and left Haechan's room to leave the Lee residence. "How'd you know?"

"The walls are thick, but I don't think they're that thick."

-

Jena was reading a book in the living room while Doyoung was taking a shower. Not long, Jena heard a doorbell rang indicating that there was someone at the front door. She opened the door to see Haechan who's bangs were covering his eyes and his backpack over him.

"Come in." Jena escorted her cousin in and let him sit on the couch. Just then she got a text message from Jeno telling her that he left the residence after a fight with Renjun. At least she was given some information.

Doyoung finished showering and settled down next to Haechan rubbing his back. "Who is it this time?"

"I don't understand why Renjun is acting like he's Jaein's boyfriend and trying to gauge me to care about her." Haechan rolled his eyes and slumped in his chair. "He's saying she changed and all but like he's acting like as if I know the information which I don't."

Jena and Doyoung looked at each other. The older couple didn't know much information either aside from what Haechan has told them and how Jaein dropped university in person and came back in two years.

"Renjun is not in the right to spill or attempt to spill Jaein's business like that, but I think if you try to talk to her then maybe..?" Jena suggested but Doyoung quickly added on.

"Jaein's a lot more different than she was back then, Jena. Jeno told me she was a combination of Alice and Erin." Doyoung told his girlfriend, Jena's eyes widened, imaging that combination of the two girls. "Jaein's all silent now."

"Has she approached you in any way?" Jena asked Haechan who looked at his cousin.

"She gave me food the other day, particularly my favorite ones from the convenient store. This was after I told her about our breakup. It's like she lost her memory or something." Haechan shrugged his arms. "I don't know, Jaemin told me she never went to the hospital for anything so it's definitely something else."

"Wait... Haechan...." Doyoung pointed finger up. "Why do you care about her so much...?"

Haechan soon realize what he was doing and got up from his seat, trying to get rid of his thoughts about caring about Jaein. "It's whatever. It's going to be a lost cause anyways." He settled back down on the couch. Jena patted his arm.

"Well...." Doyoung and Jena took a look at his strange behavior but kept a note to themselves. "Can I at least cook you something? I haven't cook for my Haechanie for a long time."

"I thought Jeno was your favorite." Haechan pouted facing the older who looked at him with sincere eyes.

"Yeah, I thought Jeno was your favorite." Jena crossed her arms, smirking at her boyfriend who was flustered.

"You know what how about I don't-" Doyoung was soon interrupted by Haechan's ambushed hugging on him, causing the two to fall off the couch.

"Yeah, how about I cook." Jena gave a weird look to those two men and got off the couch to make her way to the kitchen.

-

Jaein was in her photography class, finishing some parts of the project with her two group mates.

"I asked Jaemin this morning if him and Jeno could be our models. We have a theme where it's called ISTJ. They're wearing red and white and there's this white jacket they both got with like spikes ears. And they wanted to add a mask with their eyes showing. It shows like the contrasting MBTI concept." Jaein smiled at her paper with her ideas.

"Oh my gosh, that is so unique. I love MBTI!" Hangyeol exclaimed clapping his hands. "Can I edit the pictures?"

Jaein nodded happily.

"I'll make sure that everything is set in stone for turn in." Hyunji added her input and the three high fives.

"Cool, let's do it after school today." Jaein smiled at her friends and the bell rang for dismissal.

Jaein walked out of her class to see her friends that waved at her but she realized she hasn't seen Haechan at school for the past 2 days. Should she be worried.

Jaein sighed at the location in the halls where Haechan would be if he's at his locker, imagining him just being on his phone and getting his things for the next course.

"I hope he's okay."