eighteen

"This Jung Miyoung girl is so annoying." Hyunji sat down at the lunch table. "I was waiting for Jeno to come to me after class but she blocked him and now is trying to talk to him. Look!"

All of the 6 boys, including Erin and Jaein watched the scene where Jeno was being the polite man he is to Miyoung while being visibly uncomfortable. It was also shocking news that Hyunji was actually angry.

"Go get your man, what are you doing?" Renjun pushed Hyunji a bit to encourage her but turns out the conversation ended when Jeno quickly came to Hyunji to give his reassuring words to calm her down.

"Man that girl is annoying." Jeno sat down next to his girlfriend at the lunch table and held her hand on his lap to help her calm down. "She literally blocked me from seeing my girlfriend."

"Tell me about it." Erin crossed her arms. Mark let her talk. "The other day, she tried flirting with Mark as if I wasn't standing there watching them."

"Yeah... she's quite the character...." Mark scratched his head awkwardly, remembering how awkward he felt with the girl.

"Literally on that girl's first day. She tried flirting with Haechan and tried to take Jaein's seat." Renjun added and everyone gasped, turning to Jaein.

"Did she hurt you?" Jaemin worriedly ask his little sister.

"Do I need to beat up someone?" Chenle questioned.

"Did she touch you?" Jisung added his question.

"When, where, and how do I beat her up?" Erin took a deep breath.

"Girl, you can't throw a fist." Haechan sneaked in with his snarky comment and everyone laughed after that.

"But Choi Jieun can." Erin made a point and winked.

"Alice will not come back to a college to beat someone up, that's pretty low for someone to do." Mark responded to Erin's statement, patting her back. "Violence is not always the answer babe."

"I'm okay. I just sat down before she could." Jaein simply responded to the questions barging at her as she sipped onto her chocolate milk. "I do agree she's pretty annoying."

"Gosh, look at her flirting with the other guys at the other side of the cafeteria. Their girlfriends look uncomfortable too." Renjun scoffed, watching the scene unfolding. "Anyways, not my business." The conversation quickly switched to the wedding topic and everyone was excited on how things will turn out, making their daily lives better.

-

After lunch period, Jaein planned to the library to work on some homework and also look for inspiration for photos for Doyoung and Jena's wedding.

She was looking for a spot and stopped seeing Haechan working on something with a girl from his game design major. Jaein had seen her before but when she saw the interaction her heart plummeted.

Why did she feel that way? She wasn't so sure herself and just pouted mentally, finding a spot to sit on her own. She then opened her laptop and minded her own business.

About an hour later, someone sat down next to her without even her permission and turns out it was no other than Haechan. Jaein looked at him confusingly. "Aren't you working with another girl?"

Haechan lightly scoffed at Jaein who looked like she was jealous. "Were you stalking me?"

"No, I just happened to see you." Jaein decided to go back on her laptop to do some work but also do wedding photo preparations on the side.

"She's just someone I had to partner up with for my game design class. Just partners." Haechan slightly tried to convince Jaein jokingly and nudged her shoulder. Jaein wasn't giving in.