twenty two

Jaein was crying, not literally but reacted terribly every time her brother dabbed cotton filled with alcohol on her scraped right knee which was bigger than she anticipated. Luckily her jeans where not stained much and she had brought sweatpants so that she can roll them up.

"If you keep reacting like that, you're going kick my face and I won't be able to take care of you anymore!" Jaemin was slowly dabbing Jaein's knee to stop the bleeding and Haechan was their main observer, mainly since he knew where the first aid kid was. "I can't believe you didn't even tell me right away and waited when we get home only to hear that your knee is oozing out with blood."

"Sorry." Jaein tried to resist all the pain she was going through on her knee. It was a whole scab and everything, but dear Lord she didn't expect it to be that big and that bad. Then again, it would've been worse for Jaein.

"There, all done." Jaemin finishing bandaging his sister's knee. "I'm checking it again tomorrow morning."

"Thanks." Jaein got up from her seat and walked alongside Haechan who appears to be going the same way as her. Jaemin on the other hand went upstairs and played games on his phone.

The two made their way to the patio area in the back yard near the pool. Turns out that some of the guys wanted to have a late night jacuzzi while Jaein and Haechan sat on a patio bench to the side.

"Gosh my knee hurts." Jaein crossed her arms, slightly slouching as her lips puckered. "I should've seen that curb."

"It's not like you did it on purpose Jaein." Haechan looked off into the distance.

There was a moment of silent between the two. It wasn't an awkward silence but it was rather a comfortable one.

"You know." Jaein initiated the conversation again, slowly taking a deep breath. "It's nice that we're able to talk again."

Haechan turned his head towards her. "Yeah, I guess so. Didn't like you very much at first."

"I can understand why." Jaein just shrugged along looking towards the night sky. "It was my fault anyways."

Those words ached Haechan's heart a bit, feeling that her tone was rather sad. Two years ago Jaein would just shrug it off but now it seems like she regrets it.

Haechan changed the subject momentarily. "Is your knee feeling better?"

"I mean..." Jaein gave it a little dab with her hand. "It feels like someone put a huge ass sticker on it."

"That's because Jaemin gave you a huge band aid." Haechan rebuked back and the two was left laughing.

"Valid." Jaein lowly responded and looked into the view. "Remember when we used to chase each other around the backyard?"

Haechan lightly laughed. "Yeah, your poor mind would never know how to escape."

"That's because this house is technically your house." Jaein started to recall more of her memories but honestly she felt happy rather than sad.

"My parents, precisely." Haechan emphasized the last word.

"It was a good time but not for a long time." Jaein chuckled and smiled.

"Couldn't agree more."

-

Jaein was slumped from the whole weekend trip. Turns out after her talk with Haechan, everyone went to sleep and went home the next day after waking up.

She laid in her bed, resting from sitting in a car for 4 hours which is painful, despite the rest stop at the 2 hour mark. Sitting was not her cup of tea.