thirty three

Back at the apartment, Jaein rested on the huge beanbag chair while scrolling through her phone as she waited for Haechan to finish showering.

As he came out from showering and drying his hair, Haechan saw Jaein lying on the huge bean bag. He watched her placed her phone down on the night side table. Just then, Haechan decided to plopped himself next to her, but slightly on top of her too.

The two of them made comfortable eye contact with one another. Haechan pulled the girl closer to him with his arm while Jaein made her way to caress his face with her hand, lying there in silence.

"Are you feeling better?" Jaein stared into his soul as she used her free hand to lace her hands with his, which he gladly accepted.

"Yeah." Haechan leaned closer. Jaein's heartbeat was starting to speed up as well as his but clearly Haechan kept his cool and she couldn't. Well at least she tried to hide it. "You know...."

"Hmm?"

"It's nice to see you get better and better." Haechan looked at the girl who was shocked to hear that he's been paying attention to her as a whole.

"I was worried that I wouldn't. At one point I wanted to give up actually." Jaein started to reflect on her dark times but now that she's able to surround herself with who matters most, recovering was much faster.

Maybe Haechan was someone she needed to take that big step.

"I'm proud that you didn't and I'm proud that you made it." Haechan complimented her as she smiled in awe, thanking him in return. "You've also changed."

"I'm fully aware, Lee Haechan." Jaein rolled her eyes sarcastically. "Seems like you like this version more."

"I liked both because you're still Na Jaein."

Jaein was now blushing at his sweet remarks that she didn't even know what to do anymore and hid her face in his chest. "How about we go to sleep?"

"Okay, but only if you say so."

-

The next couple of days at school, Jaein and Haechan were sticking together like glue. Haechan stayed at the hospital for one night with his mother and learned that they're getting family therapy with Haechan and Taeyong showing up to some of the future sessions due to the respect of nature. Everything has calmed down and Haechan has been contacting his mother like everyday. With his father, he's still not in the best of terms.

Jaein and Haechan sat in their class together before class started. Jaein was working on editing the pictures from Doyoung and Jena's wedding while Haechan came in and sat next to her. He also decided to wrap his arm around her shoulder and peeked to see what she was doing. Obviously, mutters from their classmates were going around about the two but neither of them cared.

"How long will editing take for all of these pictures?" Haechan rubbed his hand on her shoulder to attempt to provide some comfort to the girl while he eyes were locked on the screen, clicking buttons.

"I don't know, maybe a day or two given the number of picture I took. I might have to stay up late if I need to get them done." Jaein took a deep breath and got a drink of her water from her water bottle and went back to editing.

"I can tell Doyoung and Jena to extend your editing time so that you can properly rest." Haechan whipped out his phone, texting in a group chat with the three of them. "They'll be flexible about it." 

"Haechan, please it's fine. It's not professional if you do it." Jaein sighed trying to reassure him especially since this is her job and not his.

"Too late. They said you can send it in by the end of this week so that you get proper rest." Haechan slid his phone in his front pocket, leaning back against the chair and admiring the girl.