nineteen

"My baby sister!" Jaemin exclaimed when Haechan drove her home from school and carried her belongings into the house. "What happened to you? Do you need me to go grab your belongings? Do you need me to ask someone to beat them up for you?"

"Just that new girl pushed her off the chair at lunch today." Haechan explained it very blandly and Jaemin was so surprised.

"That's so immature." Jaemin groaned, rubbing his sister on the back with his hand. "Are you hurt anywhere?"

"It's on my lower back but it's not bad, I'll heal by tomorrow or something." Jaein placed the ice pack into the fridge and came back. "I'll ice again later when we get home."

"Okay, good." Jaemin turned to Haechan who placed Jaein's school belongings on the couch and proceeded to go to the front door. "Thanks for dropping Jaein home."

"Anytime." Haechan responded to Jaemin and waved at both of the siblings quickly before leaving the house, shutting the front door tightly. "Also don't forget about the trip this weekend."

"I know." Jaemin went to the front door and waved goodbye to Haechan watching him get into his car before closing it.

Jaemin turned to Jaein who sat herself on the couch and crossed his arms. "Do I need to ask Chenle, Renjun, or Erin to beat this girl up?"

"I mean.... you could?" Jaein spoke with a questioning tone, tilting her head. "I don't think it's really necessary to do. We're just gonna look as bad and look like bullies."

"Good point." Jaemin was about to walk upstairs but his sister halted him by staring him down.

"What's up with the trip this weekend? You didn't tell me anything?" Jaein walked up to her brother and he looked at her, recalling the messages he had in the boys group chat.

"It's just a trip to Haechan's parents house in Ilsan. The one we went to in high school back in the day. They're not home so it's just a getaway." Jaemin responded to his sister who was debating whether to ask further. "If you're asking who's going, all of the boys are coming but not Erin and Hyunji cause they have stuff to do. I can ask the boys to let you come I'm sure they won't mind."

"You were just worried about asking me." Jaein spoke Jaemin's thoughts and he smiled, nodding since he is indeed worried about his sister being overwhelmed.

"Honestly, why not? When do we leave Jaemin?" Jaein shot up a smile and Jaemin wrapped his arms around his sister, giving her a bear hug.

"Friday afternoon. And to come back, Sunday evening."

-

Jaein waited inside her house that same Friday which passed so quickly while Jaemin was figuring out who was riding with who and how many cars to take. Jaein just decided to watch YouTube videos to entertain herself, precisely EXO's Travel the World on the Ladder Season 2.

After everyone had arrived, Jaemin explained the carpooling situation. Renjun, Chenle, Jisung were in one car with Renjun driving. In the other car would be Jaemin, Jeno, Haechan, and Jaein with Jaemin driving. The drive was a little over 4 hours so everyone prepared a lot of things to bring.

"Let's go everyone, drive safe." Jaemin called out and Renjun did the same.

"It's my first time going to Haechan's house!" Chenle clapped excitingly.

"Really?" Jisung covered his mouth in surprise.

"Jisung it's my first time too, remember that Chenle and I came from China." Renjun made his usual savage remark while getting into the car. "Get in."