twenty nine

Haechan came to his morning class early, specifically the one he shares with Renjun and Jaein. He remembered that Renjun texted him that he was running late because Chenle and Jisung decided to be stupid, given the fact that all 3 of them commute together from the same place.

In the meantime, Haechan opened his laptop and started working on his Computing Game Design homework. He had to create a game and finished most of it but he was frustrated with one code as to why it goes to an error page when clicking on it.

"This is so annoying." Haechan gritted his teeth in annoyance when the new code he attempted didn't work and ruffled his hair.

"What's annoying?" Jaein sat down next to Haechan in the seat to his left, and placed her bag down. She went and scrambled to find something while she was at it.

"This assignment. I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong." Haechan told the girl what he was frustrated with and showed her what he was trying to do. She understood to an extent, but then again, she was only a photography/videography film major.

"Maybe you need to see from the beginning and figure it out from there. I'm not exactly sure. It looks like you need a break though." Jaein pulled out two wrapped parchment paper filled with food. "I made chicken burritos for the both of us to eat for a late breakfast. Well I didn't exactly eat yet but I'll eat in here."

"Then eat." Haechan took one of the parchment papers from Jaein and opened it. Then he fed it to her. Jaein grabbed the burrito from his hand and started eating.

She slid the second burrito wrapped in parchment paper towards Haechan. "This one is for you. If you're wondering what's inside, there is chicken, lettuce, tomato, spinach, pesto, and a little bit of cheese."

"Thank you. I really appreciate it." Haechan slid the burrito closer to him as he went back to his assignment.

Jaein ate her burrito watching him focus on his assignment. She was worried that Haechan didn't eat yet so she decided to put her burrito closer to his mouth. "Eat."

Haechan obeyed her command and took a bite out of her burrito. Thankfully he took a big one since she expect herself to get full from the burrito she made. After Haechan finished chewing, he complimented. "It's really good."

"Thanks." Jaein replied to him and continued to watch him finish his assignment. He was so focused on the screen that he didn't even realize that Jaein placed her head on his shoulder as she was chewing the last bits of her burrito.

Haechan knew she probably wanted some sort of attention so while he was clicking some stuff on his handheld mouse. He moved his left hand under the table and rubbed her thigh with his hand for a while until he had to type something out again on his laptop.

Jaein never had physical touch like this with Haechan even when they dated in high school. It was just mostly hugging, holding hands, and kisses but never to the extent that he was touching her body. But she felt relaxed by it, meaning that she trusted him.

"Gosh, am I going to third wheel now?" Renjun came to class in a sassy tone. The two friends knew he was being sarcastic and laughed and checking the time he was a minute early before class started.

"Please don't ruin my day anymore, I had a whole shit fest with Chenle and Jisung this morning." Renjun sat down on his seat and took out his notebook and pen.

"We won't." Jaein sheepishly smiled at Renjun and searched for her bag, pulling out a bag of chips. "I brought this from my house this morning. Just thought you might need it."

"Thanks Jaein." Renjun took the bag of chips from her and she nodded indicating a 'you're welcome.'"

Haechan was doing flips on the inside of him not only she brought him a breakfast burrito but she was thoughtful to their other friends when they had a bad morning. He gave her a pat on the head and she reciprocated by grabbing his hand and squeezing it. She quickly let go when the professor came into class and started the lecture.

-

"So where are we going today?" Jaein was sitting in Haechan's car. The man was focusing on the road while maintaining a conversation with her.

"Korean Barbecue." Haechan used his free hand that was not on the steering wheel and latched hands with Jaein. "Just worried that you haven't been eating enough."

"More like my protein intake." Jaein giggled, understanding that she was slightly underweight due to her health issues in the past but she wouldn't mind getting back into a normal healthy body. "But I do like the idea of eating a lot of meat. You should eat lots too."

"I definitely will because someone might not finish all of her food." Haechan caressed her hands and brought it up to his lips for a kiss. He then parked in the parking lot to the restaurant. "Let's go, we're here."

Jaein was lying if she told him she wasn't blushing.

-

After their fulfilled late lunch, they went to the hair salon to get Jaein's hair dyed. Jaein just wanted a ombré effect around the brown area and my oh my the hairdresser did so well, that Haechan's mouth went agape when he saw the results.

"How does it look?" Jaein shyly asked the guy who was stunned.

"It looks so freaking good on you what the heck." Haechan spurred those words out of the blue, leaving the girl giggling.

"Your brown hair really suits you though." Jaein commented on the older.

"It does? Doesn't it?" Haechan sent Jaein a wink and she smiled at his corny comment.

After the small talk, they paid their hairdresser and then left the hair salon, going to a third place.

-

Haechan took her to a rooftop area where couples and groups of friends would have picnics at night on the fake grass with fairy lights around it. Haechan and Jaein settled themselves on a couch area all alone.

"Didn't you say you need to return something?" Jaein looked at the particular shopping bag that Haechan brought up to the rooftop.

"Oh. I lied. It's for you." Haechan responded cheekily, passing the younger the bag.

Jaein was extremely confused and opened it. She looked through it and gasped. Her hands were on her mouth as she saw the dress, particularly the one she couldn't buy when she joined the boys' trip in Ilsan.

"No way...."

"You should wear it to the wedding this weekend." Haechan told her and she gave him the biggest hug.

"Thank you so much Haechan. I was actually going to go shopping later this week for it but.... I'm so lost in words... I love it so much...." Jaein released from the hug and admired the dress, but realized he went out of his way to get it for her. "This is something I'll keep in my closet for a while."

"Don't you ever think about trying to pay me back or give something back to me." Haechan patted her head and gave it a rub. "It's about time that you should enjoy your youth more."

"You sure?" Jaein asked the man and he nodded.

Jaein then shyly grew closer to him and kissed him on the cheek, planting it for a few seconds. Haechan's cheeks turned a bit red after receiving the action while Jaein was the same.

Jaein leans back after kissing him and instead of things turning awkward, the two of them smiled and giggled while making eye contact. Then they both latched hands with both hands and decided to end the night enjoying the beautiful night sky of Seoul.