thirty eight

Finals were coming around to the corner as everyone was busy with their respective assignments for their major. Everyone was stressed in their own ways but at least they had a breather to have a group trip to  China for a couple of days. It was precisely for Chenle's birthday so they spent time in his huge house at home with his family.

Haechan was currently working on his assignment at home right now since he had no reason to be at school. Most of his exams were done and he only had one more.

It wasn't the same for Jaein since she had to be present for presentations for her exams but also one exam was written on paper. Her wrists were hurting after walking out of that exam.

"How did it go?" Jaemin approached his sister after seeing her walk out of the classroom.

"My hands hurt. That's how it went." Jaein sarcastically responded to her older brother but then he grabbed her hands, worried that it was hurt.

"Is my baby sister's hand hurting? Do you need an ice pack." Jaemin cooed at her and she released her grip from him.

"No I'm okay. Can we go shopping though?" Jaein suddenly asked her brother and he agreed leaving the university together. They went to the COEX mall and was ready to become broke college students again.

"I need to start spending my gig money too."

-

"Lee Haechan! You are so annoying!" Doyoung pouted crossing his arms after losing to him in a game of Mario Kart. "All you do is aim for me! Why not Jena!"

"That's because you're always in front of me. Who else am I supposed to target? Jena's always in likes 6th place vibing." Haechan shrugged, but also leaving a smirk to see his now pissed cousins in law.

"Maybe you should try less Doyoung so that you don't get as pissed." Jena teased her husband and he just wrapped himself up in the blanket. Obviously, Jena patted him on the back and it calmed him down, knowing that she didn't wanna do PDA in front of her cousin.

Then, Doyoung decided to cook dinner for the night leaving the two cousins catching up from exams, social life, work, and other various topics.

"So.... are you and Jaein official?" Jena slowly brought up the question while her younger cousin was laughing while reading a text. She saw him type a reply of 'those will look very good on you' with a heart emoji after it. Haechan saw his cousin peering over him so he quickly turned off his phone and placed it down on the coffee table.

"Um... yeah... I guess..." Haechan nervously bit his lips, feeling embarrassed by his older cousin. He was just responding a message from Jaein on how she went shopping with Jaemin today and was excited to show her haul to her lovely boyfriend.

"You look like you saw a ghost and don't know how to love." Jena nudged his shoulder. "Toughen up, you're a man to someone now so you gotta be there for her. I'm sure she's a sweet girl."

Haechan started thinking for a moment, processing how everything came into place. Yes, it was an unexpected turn of events but now, he's much happier where he is now.

-

Haechan was getting ready to go to Jeno's soccer game. It was his first one despite being cousins for so long. He barely got out of the house and mostly studied, until he started dating Jaein.

"Haechan, where are you going today my son." Mrs. Lee asked her son and he told her he was going to see Jeno's game with his friends. His mother smiled, happy that he's going.

"Is Jaein going?" Taeyong asked his younger brother in which he nodded really shyly and his mother read the room and realized.

"Aweee, my son has a girlfriend?" Mrs. Lee pinched Haechan's cheeks and he blushed a lot, nodding in truth.