three

Jaein was sitting through the morning class diligently taking her notes and honestly she wasn't even aware that Renjun and Haechan were in the same class as her as the two guys sat in the back while Jaein was slightly closer to the front. Jaein didn't want to sit at the very front but close enough so that she can see the board.

"And that's the end of the lecture today. See you guys tomorrow. Class dismissed." The Professor spoke to the class and everyone started packing their belongings and leaving the lecture. Jaein quickly packed her belongings and left the classroom as quickly as possible while Haechan and Renjun watch her dash out of the classroom.

"Probably going to hangout with her friends." Haechan scoffed earning a glare from Renjun.

"Haechan-" Renjun tried to say something but Haechan just motioned his hands to indicate to leave as it is.

-

Jaein was at her locker putting some belongings in and creating it as a whole to decorating it nicely but it was soon interrupted by another person slamming Jaein's locker, startling her.

"Well look who's back? Na Jaein. My sweet friend from freshmen year. Wondered why you disappeared the entire sophomore years." Her ex best friend Kim Nayeon gave her a menacing grin. Jaein just stood there like frozen at this point. Students were circling around them.

"Sorry, I don't think I want to associate myself with you anymore because you said that." Jaein tried to walk away from Nayeon but her hair was grabbed and her back now pushed against the locker.

"What did you say? You don't want to be friends with me anymore? Remember Jaein, I was the one who gave you everything you wanted in a friend and so did you." Nayeon grinned at her but it rather seemed evil.

"Honestly, I wish we never met." Jaein sighed at the girl and she was too tired to feel scared and just accept the reality that she was going to get beaten up. Gasps were heard when Jaein said those words to Nayeon.

"You little bitch." Nayeon raised her hand to slap Jaein but then she was pushed aggressively away from Jaein while a hand wrapped around her preventing her from falling.

"Always looking for trouble." Jeno gritted his teeth and looked around at the crowd. "Leave." Everyone darted different ways as they were scared of Jeno's gaze, especially Nayeon who just ran away.

Jeno released his hand around Jaein who seemed to be more at ease. "Sorry about that. I'm just generally protective of those close to me. I mean you're Jaemin's sister..." Jeno scratched his head awkwardly. "I did this for my sister too."

"Thanks Jeno. And don't worry about it." Jaein beamed a smile, returning the other statement Jeno had said. "You have a sister?"

"Yeah, her name is Jena and she's like 2 years older than me. She graduated from this university like 3 years ago." Jeno explained the story and Jaein nodded. To be honest she didn't even know Jeno had a sister for all the years she knew him.

"What happened?" Jaemin came running from the end of the hallway.

"Kim Nayeon." Jeno rolled his eyes and Jaemin knew exactly what happened.

"Is my baby sister okay?" Jaemin held Jaein's cheeks and turned it to the right and left while Jaein just looked at her brother mindlessly. "Tell me, did she hurt you anywhere?"

"No, Jaemin. Well... maybe she pinned me against the wall and was about to slap me." Jaein responded to Jaemin who was slightly pissed but calmed down right away caressing his sister's head. "It's okay baby sister, your head will heal soon. Tell me if you need ice okay?"

"Okay big brother." Jaein looked up and smiled at Jaemin.

"Why is everyone here?" Chenle came with Jisung and Jisung gave his dear friend Jaein a hug. "Who hurt our Jaein? Was it a random bitch? I'll get her!"

"Chenle she's gone dummy. We're here to protect her not make her feel worse." Jisung retired back while Jaein appreciated the hug from Jisung. "And it's obviously Nayeon, I saw her running away."

"I thought you were friends with her." Haechan cam approaching the group and he looked dead straight in the eye with Jaein. "Isn't she not."

Jaein was taken aback a second by Haechan's words, utterly confused where to feel sad or mad but honestly it riled her up. "I'm not." She quickly said to her defense. Jaemin gave Haechan his glare but tried to hide it given the fact no one really knows Jaein's situation aside from Renjun, Jeno, Mark, and Erin.

"You were literally partying with her a while back and all the sudden you decided to be friends with us again Jaein? Stop acting so two faced." Haechan spat his words towards her and she felt so small against him knowing that he was angry. It scared her.

"Let's just quit it." Jeno ended the conversation noticing the tension. "Come on we have classes to go to."

Everyone started going their own ways while Jaein bolted away into her own direction and honestly she didn't even know what to do since it's already the first week and she wanted to cry. That was her next destination, the girls bathroom. She went into the bathroom and sat in a stall crying on the floor with her knees together and head down. Luckily she didn't have a class.

-

"You don't always have to be an asshole, Haechan." Jaemin leaned against the lockers across from Haechan.

"Just because you're her brother that doesn't mean that I'm going to be nice to her." Haechan opened his locker and started organizing his belongings.

"Weren't you guys best friends in high school? What happened to that? I mean I know she-" Jaemin didn't finish his sentence.

"We were friends. Keep up with the program." Haechan closed his locker and sent Jaemin the most bland glare.

"You guys also dated in high school." Jaemin pointed out that to Haechan.

"Yeah. We dated." Haechan emphasized the last two words. "Now let's go to lunch."

Jaemin watched his friend pass by him and he leaned against the locker, pinching the bridge of his nose. "I swear did something happen to them that I don't know about?"

Jaemin proceeded to walk to his class as usual and let those thoughts slide away, not bothering him too much.

-

Erin was walking the hallways since she didn't have class, more like skipping her class because she wanted to. There were rarely any people in the hallways. She heard some sniffling in the bathroom and knew exactly who it was bolting in front of the stall.

"Who made you cry this time, Na Jaein? Who do I have to beat up this time?" Erin was on the other side, being there for her until she was ready to speak.

"Lee Haechan...." Jaein let out a whimper as she broke down.

Haechan? Erin thought wondering why on earth he would do that but either way she was going to have a lesson with him. "It's okay I'll talk him down. Can you come out for me?"

Jaein slowly opened the stall door, eyes puffy and a red face. "Come here my Jaein. Everything is going to be okay." Erin opened her arms for Jaein to come in as the two friends shared a warmly hug. "Remember, you have me, Jaemin, Mark, Renjun, and Jeno to talk to. We're here for you alright?"

"Thank you...." Jaein let out a soft voice as the two girls continued to share a moment.

-

poor jaein she just wanna get over nayeon