ten

"I heard from Jeno that Jaein, Hyunji, and Hangyeol are in the same photography class." Renjun told Haechan who was walking in the hallways with him after their second class.

"Doesn't Jeno get jealous when Hangyeol is around?" Haechan blurred out his inner thoughts, after processing that information. He doesn't even know why he was thinking about his cousin's relationship.

"No, Hangyeol's gay." Renjun responded and Haechan's lips formed into an 'o' realizing that he never knew. "Plus, Hangyeol did walk up to Jeno himself to not pull the jealous card on Hyunji so Jeno trusts him."

"Oh. That's cool." Haechan just lowly respond, not caring about the rest of the topic and remained his same old expression. "Let's just go to lunch."

"You're not curious on the fact that Jaein is making friends in her photography class?" Renjun perked up his eyebrow.

"I mean techianlly, they're people we know." Haechan shrugged, not going much thought. "I don't see why this is something that we should go head over heels for."

"Yeah but those are people Jaein doesn't know." Renjun exaggerated the last two words and it did click in Haechan's mind.

"Right." Haechan looked around just to avoid any form of eye contact. "Good for her."

-

"Woah, we made so much progress in our first day that I don't think we need the 3 weeks that Professor gave us for the project." Hangyeol wiped the sweat on his forehead. "All credits to Jaein."

"Haha." Jaein chuckled shyly. "No, you two helped me a lot so we all did it together."

"Yeah! It looks really well." Hyunji smiled. The bell rang for lunch and she turned to Jaein. "Would you like to join us for lunch?"

"No thank you." Jaein quickly responded. "I'm gonna get some fresh air in the court yard. You two have fun."

"Are you sure?" Hyunji asked the girl in concern, making sure she's alright. Jaein nodded.

"Well, you know where to find us when you need us!" Hangyeol waved at Jaein as the three group mates parted ways.

Honestly, Jaein was that hungry and she had her food that she got at the convenient store this morning. She made her way to the court yard, finding a bench and sitting on it. She enjoyed her own time eating her banana milk and chocolate bread.

From afar, Jaein watched Mark and Erin who was sitting at bench far away but didn't notice Jaein's presence. She watched how lovely they were with each other. Jaein sighed, hopefully some day she'll have her Prince Charming.

"Didn't expect you to be stalking Mark and Erin." A familiar man spoke to Jaein. The female jumped in her seat, shocked. She looked up to see it was no other than Lee Haechan.

"How did you know I was here?" Jaein asked Haechan the question as he took the seat on the bench next to her.

"I just wanted some personal space from all the freaks in university. I didn't think I would run into you stalking." Haechan shrugged, increasing the distance between him and Jaein on the bench.

"I wasn't." Jaein looked at him deadpanned.

"Sure." Haechan nodded and looked around, breathing in the fresh air he was looking for. "I got my fresh air so I'm gonna leave now."

"Toodles."

-

Jaein was at home after school, working on her camera to test out the new functions. Since she was a photography major she had to get her business set and done. She hasn't gotten a gig yet but hopefully she'll get one soon.

Jaein was taking pictures of nature, whatever was done in her backyard with a nice floral garden. It was approaching fall so some of the leaves were starting to turn color.

Jaemin had approached his sister from the inside of his house and he had his head over her shoulder. "What are you taking pictures of little sis?"

"Just nothing." Jaein was focused on scrolling the picture she took. She smiled on how well she took them. "Just wanted to get into the habit of taking pictures more often."

Jaemin was a brother that was full of gigs. He had made so much from them and Jaein honestly inspired to be like him one day but also have her own path in photography. Taking pictures face her a peace of mind which is why she enjoyed it.

"I'm having the boys over today." Jaemin told Jaein and she exactly knew the 6 guys that Jaemin hangout 24.7. "Just wanted to tell you that."

"Okay." Jaein turned off the camera and turned to her brother. "I can make dinner tonight for everyone."

"Oh, no no no little sis. I'm helping you make food and that's final." Jaemin ruffed Jaein's hair. Jaein's lips formed into a smile looking up at her older brother who was a whole 7 inches taller at her where she settled at 5'3. "I can't make you do labor for my friends."

"I mean they're my friends too." Jaein shrugged, not watching the words come out of her mouth. Jaemin felt happy hearing those words and put on the camera strap around Jaein and placing the camera right in front of her so that it's secure.

"Very glad to hear that from my favorite person."

-

Haechan doesn't even know how and where he ended up at Jaemin and Jaein's place with his 6 best friends. He was happily joking around and now having some debate with his friends. Well more like he was quite shocked with their words.

"No, hypothetically, Jisung stayed up 3 nights to get those tickets for the exhibition but he still got the date wrong but also Chenle was 30 minutes late. But Mark bringing a friend without letting us know... I would hate that!" Renjun explained the scenario to his friends that was given from an online prompt. "Haechan literally read it earlier what else do you not understand?"

"Yeah but that means Chenle is purposely late!" Jisung gasped.

"Who cares I still came?" Chenle popped a piece of popcorn in his mouth.

"Okay but look, I stayed up 3 nights to buy these tickets!" Jisung explained like he was a child. "And if it's tomorrow we can just hangout today and go tomorrow."

"It's pretty impressive that you got the date wrong for 3 days." Mark blurred out all of the sudden, letting out a scoff. He started chuckling after. Everyone was bursting out laughing and Jisung had his mouth open, clueless.

As the debate changes topics, Haechan took a look of his surroundings, remembering the times he had spent in this house during his high school days with the two Na siblings. It was more like his play dates with Jaein when they were dating but not a lot of touching in front of Jaemin, but it was still fine.

He also caught the girl coming in from the balcony door from the back, silently going to the kitchen with her camera to rest her elbows on the island table.

Haechan didn't know what got into him but his first instinct was to leave his friends who was screaming at each other to go approach the girl.

Jaemin and Jeno were the first people to see his actions but the only ones that notice his departure.

"Do you think they're gonna get back together?" Jeno whispered to his best friend Jaemin who looked in the direction of Jaein and Haechan.

"It's possible but she's been though a lot. I'm not sure if she's ready. Even then I'm not really sure if I would like it or not." Jaemin turned back to his friends who was screaming at each other.

"Who knows?"