five

Jaein walked in the university making her way to the classroom. It was the day before the party at Sunwoo's house and she never gave that boy a response. She didn't think it would matter though until he came up to her in the hallway.

"Hey Jaein!" Sunwoo waved at her and she waved at him back pretty shyly. "Have you made your decision about coming tomorrow?"

"Yeah... I guess I'll come... but I'm only staying around my brother so sorry if I don't talk to you that much." Jaein gave Sunwoo his reply.

"Oh don't worry!" Sunwoo motioned his hand down. "I just wanna make sure that everyone's included. Your brother mentioned that his friends are coming too so you'll have people to hangout with! See you then Jaein!" Sunwoo walked away and said goodbye to her.

Jaein walked down the hallway further and spot Haechan leaning against the wall scrolling through his phone. She just stood there from a distance and looked at him blankly.

"What are you looking at?" Haechan spoke which made Jaein snap out of her thoughts. "Do you need something from me?"

"No." Jaein spoke to him innocently and continued to stand there.

"Then I'll leave." Haechan placed his phone in his pocket and prepared to leave until Jaein grabbed onto his wrist. He turned around with a confused expression. "What?"

"Why do you hate me?" Jaein blurred out her question, looking at him directly in the eye to see if she can find an answer. "Why are you acting like we've never talked before?"

Haechan scoffed at her, flabbergasted with her sudden attitude. "Jaein, do you even know what you're talking about?"

"Haechan I-" Haechan released his hand away from her and left her without any word and honestly it broke her a little bit.

"The reason why I stop talking to you was because you stopped talking to me."

And it crumbled the girl to pieces.

"Also, we broke up."

And there it was.

-

Jaein was mindlessly playing with her pencil while waiting for her lecture to start. The two boys too their usual seat next to the girl.

"Hey Jaein. What's up?" Chenle sat down on the chair to her left while Jisung sat on the chair to her right. "Thinking about something?"

"Hmm. What." Jaein straightened her posture and took a couple of blinks, dismissing the thoughts of Haechan away. "Oh it's nothing."

"You sure? You seem a little concerned about something." Jisung looked at the girl from the side. "We're your friends so we would like to know what's on your mind. Plus we're here for you."

"Also, Jaemin will kill us." Chenle added a point and Jisung smacked the back of Chenle's head, earning an ow.

"Honestly guys, I just don't know why or remember how Haechan and I faded in the first place. I mean yeah we dated but it's been a while since we even saw each other." Jaein sighed, trying to put the pieces together. "Everything was just away in a blink."

"Oh yeah right, you guys were friends... what happened?" Chenle threw the question at Jaein but also realized what she said. "You guys dated?"

Jisung just took a deep breath and facepalmed. "Dude, she literally says she doesn't remember." Jisung rolling his eyes at Chenle, diverting his attention back to Jaein. "My best advice is to ask him about it but if he decides to be an asshole and beat around the bush. That's his problem. I'm not sure what went wrong with you two after breaking up, but I hope everything resolves." Jisung patted Jaein on the back, giving her a smile.

"Thank you Jisung."

"Anytime."

-

Haechan sat in his lecture with Jeno later in the afternoon. Jaemin walked in and stood in front of Haechan's desk. Jaemin wasn't mad, but he was just confused.

Haechan looked up at the guy, raising an eyebrow, wondering what Jaemin might lecture him this time.

"Lee Haechan, on earth did you say to my sister to the point where I have to hear from my baby Jisung that she's upset?" Jaemin placed his hands on the table, demanding an answer from the guys.

"I just said that we are not on talking terms anymore." Haechan shrugged not being to recall what he did wrong.

Jaemin knew Haechan was technically right but it was to the point his sister keeps thinking about it which worried him. At the same time, it's not his place to say. "My sister is oblivious these days for certain reasons, please be straightforward with her whenever you can." Jaemin took a deep breath and took his seat to the other side of Jeno.

Wasn't I straightforward to begin with?

"I think he means tell her how you feel, she might not even know the answers." Jeno whispered to Haechan.

"And why is that?" Haechan turned to Jeno a little too aggressively and Jeno was a little bit startled, also not his place to say because Jaemin is there.

"There are things you just don't know on your end."

-

"Heading to lunch?" Jeno got Haechan's attention after their lecture and he just simply nodded, packing his belongings and just followed him alongside Jaemin.

The first person they bumped into was Jaein. Jaemin went up to her and gave her the biggest hug while Haechan just stared her down uncomfortably. Jeno leaned against Haechan's right ear. "You're looking."

Jaein on the other hand was welcomed by a warm entrance by Jaemin as he spoke in his baby tone checking on his sister's health. They all decided to go to lunch together side by side and having their own side conversations.

Jaein did feel the uncomfortable glare from Haechan but at this point she might as well get used to it.

I wonder what's on his mind.

Haechan honestly struggled to speak a work to Jaein at lunch today even just a simple sorry. University made him extremely introverted since all the girls only wanted to get into his pants. All he could really do is give a cold shoulder.

He watched Jaein laughed happily with Chenle and Jisung, probably making jokes they can relate since they're the only juniors in the friend group. He was just eating his lunch slowly and just mindlessly wandering into space.

Renjun came back and Haechan just suddenly decided to be cute and clingy again.

"Renjunie~" Haechan beamed trying to give him a hug, showering him with kisses. Jaein was happy to see that he liked Renjun at least.

"Gosh, get your dirty hands off of me." Renjun was trying to resist but he can't handle Haechan's cuteness so he eventually smiled.

"Jeno, where's your girlfriend, Hyunji?" Jaemin asked Jeno.

"Studying with her friends." Jeno responded while checking his phone to see a text message from her. "But she told me to come so I'm leaving now. Bye guys."

Jaein was just naturally enjoying her lunch, everyone seemed like they had smiled on their faces. What really hurt her was why Haechan did not acknowledge at all. And she knew he was very good at ignoring. Her head started to hurt a bit and quickly dismissed herself from the table, not letting out a single word.

Jaemin was the first to notice but problem was no one did anything to her.

"What happened to Jaein?" Jisung asked like he was a lost puppy. "I hope she's alright."

"I hope so too." Chenle added.

Jaemin decided to pack his belongings and chase wherever his sister might go. "I'll go find her. She's probably going through things."

Jaemin quickly left the lunch room and Haechan heard Jaemin's voice loud and clear.

Going through something? What on earth is she going through?

Haechan quickly brushed those thoughts aside, minding his own business with his friends until Mark came in. It was another round of Mark trying to resist Haechan's cuteness.

"Milk!"