eleven

"What are you up to?" Haechan leaned his arm on the island table counter while Jaein was scrolling through all the pictures she took today.

"Just seeing the photos that I took today in my backyard." Jaein looked up towards Haechan but also leaned her head to the side where the boys were literally screaming at one another.

"What if it's the last trip with your friend when you guys are 99 years old?" Jaemin spoke with the loudest tone ever.

"99 is such an odd number." Jeno commented on Jaemin's statement.

"It's pretty impressive that you can oversleep from working at the age of 99." Mark responded to Jaemin's statement with his unique comment, making everyone in the room bursting out laughing.

Jaein then diverted her attention to Haechan who just turned around from looking at the boys debating. "You're not staying with them?" Jaein's pure eyes looked into Haechan's eyes, which had no expression at all.

"I'm loud whenever I want to and I'm quiet whenever I want to." Haechan shrugged, paying attention to Jaein's camera. "You should show me what you took."

Jaein hesitantly responded, not because she was scared but it was weird that he was able to say that as if he's going to kill her if she didn't show him the pictures. "Sure..."

He's more quiet nowadays...

Jaein used the buttons on the camera to show Haechan the pictures she took and there was one random picture of Jaemin, making the pair burst out laughing for a minute on how funny Jaemin looked. Otherwise the conversations between the two were nonexistent.

"They look cool." Haechan commented as Jaein turned her camera off and placed it in the camera bag.

"Thanks." Jaein zipped up her camera bag, holding the strap for it. "I'm going to place this in my room."

Haechan observed Jaein walking upstairs and disappearing from his sight. She seems more peculiar and precise these days, but he didn't feel anything, or does he?

He looked back as his friends and Renjun was the fight target he had saw. His weird side showing off as he tackled Renjun into the tightest hug. Obviously, Renjun was always never a fan.

"Oh Renjunie, I love you so so much!"

-

Dinner passed by really quickly. Jaein and Jaemin made their traditional meal: japchae and kimchi fried rice. Everyone enjoyed as it is and cleaning up was quicker than expected, maybe with the exception of Chenle and Jisung bickering.

"Do you guys want to watch a movie?" Jeno suggested to the group.

"Yeah!" Jaemin beamed. "I'll go make some popcorn."

"I want to help!" Jisung cheered on attempting to follow him as he got held back Renjun. "Jisung, hell in no way you are going to be near a kitchen."

"Sure, I don't mind." Haechan shrugged and Jaein just nodded indicating that she was down to watch one.

Chenle and Mark were enthusiastic about the movie, automatically going to the living room to select the movie. "Let's watch Oppenheimer."

"I heard that pretty new." Chenle had his fingers rubbing his chin. "What about the Barbie movie."

"Ain't no way I'm going to watch that movie." Renjun made an X sign with his hands and shook his head left and right vigorously.

"Okay fine, another time." Chenle pouted and everyone was getting settled down on the couch for the movie. Jaein decided to lean on one of the pillars from the side as she heard Jaemin made some popcorn.

"Haechan, have you watched Oppenheimer yet?" Jisung asked his friend curiously who was sitting kn his right.

"No, but I bet the movie will scare you." Haechan lips formed into a smirk predicting his next move." Boo!"

"Ahh!" Jisung exclaimed and covered his mouth in fear. "Can you guys shut up? The movie's about to start." Jeno hollered out from the other side of the living room.

"Jaein are you joining?" Renjun asked the girl who was silently standing there.

"I was planning not to, but I guess I don't have anything to do for the night." Jaein responded to Renjun.

"Here come sit." Renjun patted on the seat next to him. It was an empty spot to the left of Renjun and to the right of Haechan. Jaein quietly took the seat and it was just in time for the movie to start. Jaemin also brought the popcorn at the same time.

"Are you comfortable?" Jaein leaned closer to Haechan to make sure she wasn't taking up much space. "I can move over if you don't have enough space."

"You're fine." Haechan's tone came out soft and rasp. "You don't need to move."

The movie was playing and Haechan was invested into the movie, also understanding why it's gone viral. Throughout the movie through, he felt a head suddenly resting on his shoulder. Haechan turned to his side and turns out that Jaein had fallen asleep on him.

If Haechan decided to be an asshole, he would move her head to lean on Renjun, but today he decided to slouch on the couch slightly lower so that Jaein was sleeping more comfortably.

Why'd you say yes to watching movies? You literally don't watch them Jaein.

"Is she asleep?" Jaemin mouthed the words to Haechan and pointed at Jaein who was soundly sleeping on top of Haechan's shoulder.

"Yeah." Haechan mouthed back and the two friends continued watching the movie as well as hearing Chenle obnoxious chewing on popcorn with Jisung.

When the movie ended, everyone took into account that Jaein was sleeping on Haechan's shoulder but Haechan gave them the dirtiest look to shut up.

Mark took his leave to go home by himself and later Renjun, Chenle, and Jisung took their leave together to go back home also. At the Na household, there was Jaemin, Jeno, Haechan, and Jaein left.

"So what are you going to do Haechan." Jeno asked him and Haechan just rolled his eyes.

"Easy, just place her on the couch." Haechan spoke softly enough so that Jaein doesn't wake up. He lightly took her off his shoulders and adjusted her so that she was lying on the couch. Jaemin brought some blankets and pillows to put on Jaein. Jaemin slid the pillow under his sister's head while Haechan covered her with the blanket.

Jaein didn't move an inch, meaning that it was a good thing that she's fully asleep and getting the sleep she needs. Jeno and Haechan said goodbye to their friend Jaemin and now sat in Haechan's car with Haechan as the driver and Jeno as the passenger.

"Is there something going on between you and Jaein?" Jeno asked his cousin who's hands were gripping on the steering wheel and eyes focused on the road like a hawk's eyes.

"Why do you think there's something going on between us?" Haechan questioned Jeno back immediately. "I don't want to have this conversation again."

"Yeah but I think it's important after since you guys haven't seen each other in two years and now acting like you're just friends." Jeno took a deep breath. "I found out from Jaemin the other day that she got you food from the convenient store and that's something she did while she was in high school."

"She was probably just trying to be nice." Haechan deadpanned.

"Yeah but even then, have you noticed something about Jaein?" Jeno kept on asking questions that could possible happen. "I don't know if she's trying to get back together but I didn't expect you guys to be civil with each other at all or agree to be civil again."

"Honestly Jeno, I don't even fucking know anymore." Haechan exaggerated a very long breath, speaking his next words as they parked in the parking spot of the parking garage of their apartment complex.

"Jaein became a completely different person."