twenty four

It was 8pm and Jaein was the first one to wake up from the extended nap. Her eyes fluttered opens only to see a chest that was rising up and down that was not a figure other than hers. Before she could react, she saw that Haechan was sleeping peacefully next to her with an arm on her waist.

She slowly removed it so that he could sleep peacefully and got up from her bed, cheeks burning red with the sensation of his hand on her waist. It was her first time sleeping with another man other than Jaemin in which have only been platonic.

She opened the door to her room and slowly closed it only to see her brother with his hands on his hips, smirking.

"How was your sleep with your boyfriend?" Jaemin teased his younger sister and she lightly scoffed at him.

"He's not my boyfriend." Jaein pouted, crossing her arms and rolling her eyes.

"Yeah but you wish he was." Jaemin remarked back which made Jaein extremely silent. She was definitely caught red handed liking him especially when her hands subconsciously reached her hearing cheeks. "Oh... so you do like him? Huh?" Jaemin raised his eyebrows a couple of times.

"Shut up." Jaein lightly shoved her brother to go to the restroom and take a shower minding her own business.

"Dinner is ready in a couple!" Jaemin called from downstairs. "Also Haechan is staying for the night because it's thundering so much!"

It's 8pm why are we having dinner so late?

-

Jaein went back to her room silently after her hot shower but right when she opened the front room of her door, she was met with a sleepy Haechan who just woken up from his nap.

"You good?" Jaein checked to make sure the guy was fully awake so that he doesn't fall asleep all of the sudden.

"Yeah." Haechan stretched his limbs, actually preparing to go home. "I'll head out."

Before Haechan could walk past her, Jaein placed a hand on his hand preventing him from moving. "The storm's really bad tonight so Jaemin suggested that you should stay here."

"Oh." Haechan just spoke about to ask her another question but she quickly ran into Jaemin's room, grabbing Haechan an extra pair of clothes and handing it to him. He smiled and thank her as she guided him to the guest restroom.

"Whenever you're done, please feel free to join us downstairs for dinner."

-

Jaein was having dinner with her brother and Haechan. The person she didn't expect to join was also her mother. The woman was bombarding Haechan with questions and giving him the talk on how he's the best man for Jaein even though their mom already knew they had probably broke up with Jaein due to being homeschooled for 2 years, precisely.

Jaein's heart felt all sorts of emotions since she never clarified her relationship with him. They haven't held hands but had made a couple of physical contact with each other, but most importantly, they slept together in Jaein's bed earlier today.

There's no denying that Jaein likes Haechan but resisting since he doesn't feel the same way, wondering if he would still keep his grudges and honestly she's not assertive of her feelings either.

"Jaein?" Mrs. Na grabbed her daughter's attention. Jaein blinked, seeing that everyone was staring at her. "Are you alright my dear? You've been picking at your food for a while."

"I'm fine, mother. Thank you." Jaein slowly ate her food while she watched the other three talk.

"Please come more often Haechan." Mrs. Na turned to Haechan who politely gave her a big smiled and kept talking about her. "I'm sure my kids would love to have you around and you're such a good man."