thrity nine

Jaein was internally panicking. She got a message from Haechan that he wanted her to stay over at his place for the next two nights. That wasn't the problem. The problem was it was the dinner with his family and she remembered that his dad wasn't the biggest fan of her. She made sure she packed proper clothes, jewelry, and perfumes. He even told her the restaurant was extremely high end too.

"You look really nervous right now." Jaemin was driving his younger sister to Haechan's apartment while his sister was practically clutching onto her iPhone and looking straight at the road, spacing our.

"I'm so nervous. Like... I knew Haechan's family is stupid rich but I don't know.. we're not. His dad doesn't even like me so I'm just worried I'll make a fool of myself." Jaein groaned, slouching back in her car seat, anxiously.

Jaemin sighed, understanding his younger sister's worry but at the same time it was a bit overloading. "The entire Lee family: Haechan, Jeno, Mark and everyone else chose their friends not because of money. But they chose their friends because they wanted quality friends who can support them and not judge them based on their background. Even then, if Haechan has to, he will drop wealth for love."

Jaemin's words reassured Jaein a lot and next thing she knew that Jaemin parked in front of Haechan's apartment complex. And sadly, it just started raining. Jaemin insisted that his sister should get an umbrella but she was way too stubborn and lost in her thoughts that she didn't bother. She got out of the car and got her luggage, closed it and watched sluggishly in the pouring rain, debating on her worth towards Haechan's parents.

"Oh my gosh..." Jaemin sighed as he sent a text message to Haechan. Once she got inside he drove off.

Once Jaein got to the door of Haechan's apartment complex, she reached her hand up about to knock it but the door busted open with a worried Haechan.

"Na Jaein, why did you decide to walk in the pouring rain and not think about taking care of yourself?" Haechan scolded her but in a way that she didn't get hurt by it. She was dragged automatically by her boyfriend into his room and he got a towel to wrap her entire figure while he settled her luggage down on the side of the room.

"I was thinking a lot." Jaein sat down on the bean bag chair slouching, making sure the towel was wrapped around her. Haechan came back with a glass of warm water to warm her up. She took it by her two hands and drank it.

"More like, not thinking at all. What if you get sick?" Haechan placed the cup on the night stand and he touched her forehead and down to her cheeks. "God, you worry me so much."

Jaein felt sorry that he was worried but ultimately thankful that she can find her safe spot. Instead of being sorry, she leaned in closer and responded. "Thank you for loving me."

Haechan's heart was touch after hearing that and pecked her lips. Just then, he was reminded why she was thinking a lot. "What's going in your mind babe?"

Haechan never used the word babe on her but after hearing it from him, her heart was skyrocketing. Then she composed her response.

"Your parents."

Haechan knew just by those two words that she was worried about the impression she would make on his parents. He grabbed her two small hands and laced them and looked at her in the eyes.

"Jaein, you know you've won my mother's heart."

"But not your father."

Those four words broke Haechan and thinking back, it was true. He never knew why his father didn't like her but that didn't matter to him since he's not close with his father anyways.