thrity seven

"Did you guys hear that Kim Sunwoo is hosting the end of the semester party this weekend?" Chenle asked the whole squad who were sitting at the lunch table in the cafeteria.

"Yeah, why?" Mark responded to Chenle's question and he smiled very eagerly. "Why? Asking all of us to go."

The younger boy nodded.

"I'm making all of you guys going no matter what, especially homebody Haechan here." Erin nudged the guy who was focused playing games on his phone.

"You literally made me lose." Haechan was a tad bit annoyed, turning off his phone and placing it in his pocket.

"Good." Erin took a look around seeing there weren't two people at the normal table today. "Where's Jaein and Jisung."

"She's helping him with homework at the library." Haechan responded monotonously, just so that he doesn't get his friends cooing over their relationship.

"Yeah, and they're still working there." Jaemin just came by and plopped down on his seat, eating his lunch. "What's the news?"

"Party at Sunwoo's again." Jeno placed his arm on the table, resting his chin on his hand. Jaemin knew also where this is going.

"I would pass but I don't think Chenle would like that idea." Renjun looked at the younger Chinese boy and he just smiled.

"Let's just all go and have fun." Hyunji suggested. Jeno patted her on the back after that.

"Honestly I'm down." Mark agreed and looked at Haechan, waiting for an answer from him.

"Honestly if Mark is down I'm down too."

-

"Jisung, the reason why you got this problem wrong was because you used the wrong formula." Jaein helped him with his Math homework in the library. "It explains this concept so you would have to use that."

"This is so complicated." Jisung sighed crossing his arms. "Why do we have to know this?"

"I don't know but we all have to know this." Jaein picked up the pencil and passed it to Jisung. "Come on, you got this."

Jisung slowly took the pencil from Jaein and he tried the problem again. Jaein was watching his every move and turns out he got it correct.

"See Jisung! You can do it!" Jaein clapped softly and Jisung did a silent cheer. Just then both of their phones buzzed from their group chat cause they got a mention.

"Are you going Jaein?" Jisung placed his phone down after reading the group chat message.

"Yeah I guess since everyone is going. But I have to do a graduation photoshoot in the morning for Hong Jaeyoon." Jaein slumped on the chair.

"Let me guess, Haechan is coming." Jisung knew where this question was going to go.

"That man is jealous I swear." Jaein sarcastically rolled her eyes and she earned soft giggles from the younger.

-

The day of the party came by really quickly. Right now, Jaein and Haechan met with Hong Jaeyoon at the front of the university. Jaein was talking with Jaeyoon with the logistics on how to do the photoshoot and where. Then he paid her on the spot before his service begun.

Haechan solely followed them everywhere, tagging nearby as possible. He was also making sure that Jaein didn't trip over something while she was taking pictures. He was bored but not bored enough to go on his phone and pretended nothing around him was going on.

"How about we try some with your graduation gown hanging behind your back?" Jaein suggested to the younger and he adjusted it to his back but it looked a little off.