thirty

Jaein couldn't see Haechan at school for the past couple of days due to the preparation of Jena and Doyoung's wedding. It was the same with Jeno, Hyunji, Mark and Erin who were also participants of that wedding too.

It was also midterm season so everyone was just scrambling for the entire week like crazy. Jaein only had 2 midterms which weren't terribly hard so she was fine.

She was a bit sad though, seeing that some of her friends were absent but at least she had Renjun, Jisung, Chenle, and her brother glued to the hip at school everyday. Sometimes Hangyeol would come by and say hi and have a quick conversation about his love life about the man he's been talking to but that's about it.

"This Jung Miyoung girl can go die in a hole." Chenle rolled his eyes while talking to his friends in the hallway.

"I think that's a little too violent Chenle." Jisung softly spoke attempting to calm down his best friend which work.

"I mean, I'm usually someone who doesn't get annoyed but she's getting on my nerves too. She's trying to hit on me too." Jaemin sighed, getting annoyed with that girl too.

"First of all Jaemin, you have looks you can pull any girl." Renjun placed his hands on his hips and gestured to Jaein. "You also know that Jaein is a carbon copy of you so she's bound to attract guys too."

"Okay but if any guy comes near her I'm gonna make sure they know I'm watching them." Jaemin got to his sister's defense and Jaein just laughed.

"Including Haechan?" She sheepishly said and Jaemin softens a bit.

"Maybe not him, but to an extent." Jaemin calmed down and earned laughs from everyone.

"Are you and Haechan dating?" Jisung curiously asked the girl and she placed her finger on the tip of her mouth.

"I mean, I think we are? But there's no label to it." Jaein just shrugged. "I guess we'll talk about it eventually."

"Okay." Jisung just subtly said as they heard Jung Miyoung coming their way.

"Oh god this is where I run." Chenle started to get afraid and pulled Jisung next to him but instead Renjun intercepted the girl before she got to Chenle, Jisung, and Jaemin.

"Step back you nasty ass person."

-

Currently, Jaein was walking with Chenle to their afternoon classes since they were in a similar direction.

"You know, I thought you and Haechan wouldn't get along in the beginning but I'm glad you guys have cleared this now." Chenle started the conversation but then he looked like he was aching to say something. "But sadly I overheard Jeno and Jaemin talking about you guys a few times and-"

"I know." Jaein gave Chenle a smile. "I think it's best that you know since you were the only one that was kind of left in the dark about it. Not to mention we only met you three years ago. Renjun and Mark knows because-yeah and I was already friends with Jeno, Jisung, and Haechan since high school. So please don't hesitate to talk about anything to me."

"Phew." Chenle wiped the nonexistent sweat worrying that he would make a wrong move and upset the girl. "I didn't want to bring it up in case you were not comfortable about it."

"I mean...." Jaein just shrugged nonchalantly. "We're pretty close friends so I wouldn't mind. We also practically hangout with the same people everyday."

"Yeah, because people in this university are so problematic." Chenle grunted crossing his arms. "Do you know how much drama that people go through everyday? It's so stupid. The only reason why we know is because Erin is a social butterfly and tells us the tea. Sometimes she needs to calm down since it's not our business."

"I do agree. I strongly agree with that." Jaein added and then two laughed it off.

"I know she doesn't go around telling our secrets but maybe she can calm down on sharing other people's problems." Chenle just said that and just shrugged. "I know Mark talked to her about it and he told me she's getting better at it, as in not going around and spilling tea as much. He also said that she lived with strict standards maybe that's why? You know psychology things."

"Yeah, it is what it is Chenle. She's still our friend." Jaein shrugged her shoulders and they changed to a different topic before parting away for their afternoon classes.

-

Haechan was a bit confused as to why his brother didn't came for preparations of Doyoung's wedding since he knew that Doyoung was his best friend. Eventually, Doyoung assured that Taeyong was the one giving the speech.

He just finished the rehearsal for the wedding that's coming up this Saturday. Thankfully, it was extremely productive especially since Jena really likes order so it flowed nicely.

Now he was waiting for Jeno to finish talking to Doyoung since they came together. Mark, Erin, and Hyunji had already left.

Jena came to his side and nudged him. "So, am I seeing the girl of your dreams on Saturday?"

"You literally hired her as your photographer." Haechan rolled his eyes, knowing where this was going with his cousin.

"Yeah, but I wanna know if you guys are official." Jena smirked at him. "Heard from Jeno that you guys slept together."

"Oh gosh." Haechan pinched the bridge of his nose. "So did he tell you we literally act like a couple but are not."

"Wait... no..?" Jena was confused by Haechan's statement but then he realized he sold himself out.

"Oh god, please don't tease me." Haechan realized his mistakes and tried to get Jena to not tell anyone.

"Relax, I'm not the one that goes around spilling tea. That's-"

"Erin's job."

The two cousins chucked in unison, realizing they said the same words at the same time. Haechan then quickly changed the subject.

"So why isn't Taeyong the best man for this wedding." Haechan asked his cousin Jena in which Jena slowly took a breath.

"Something happened to him in his schedule that he wasn't able to make it to the wedding but only the reception. It's not my business to say and it has nothing to do with you. I mean- I understand your his brother but he'll be alright. You can always send him a check in message." Jena told the younger. "I'm not sure what's going on myself but maybe it's something he doesn't wanna reveal right now."

"I see." Haechan understood his cousins. He knew when Taeyong goes through things he doesn't say mainly because he doesn't want Haechan to worry a about it but to be a good younger brother at least he wanted to help but Taeyong always refuses. Sometimes he wonders that's where he gets part of his genes from. "I'll check up on him soon."

Soon meaning Haechan sent him a text message right now in front of Jena and got an instant reply that he was doing okay. Surprisingly though, he also sent a message that was almost an exact replicate of what Jena told him and told his younger brother not to worry about it.

"I just genuinely hope my older brother is okay." Haechan sighed looking down in sadness.

"Don't worry about Taeyong. He will be okay. He's strong and he's staying strong for you. Remember that." Jena patted Haechan on the shoulder and gave him a hug.

"And actually. How about we grab dinner with just the two of us because Jeno and Doyoung take too long taking?" Jena quickly switched the subject and patted Haechan on the arm. "I know you've been craving hot pot these days."

"And this is why you're my favorite cousin." Haechan's sadness was instantly switched to a smile as the two cousins went to grab hot pot together including the most greatest conversations.