thirty six

It wasn't shocking news within the next few weeks that Haechan and Jaein's relationship were spreading around campus, but neither of them cared. Luckily it wasn't too crazy since exams were coming soon and the end of the semester where students can have a proper winter break.

Jaein was sitting in the library writing some emails about her upcoming gigs. Turns out her next one was a photoshoot for a winter graduation, paid of course.

"When's your next gig?" Haechan wrapped his arms around Jaein after she closed her laptop, resting her head against his torso.

"This weekend with a classmate who's graduating this semester." Jaein lifted her head up. "Why want to come?"

"Is he a guy?" Haechan immediately asked the younger and she nodded, wanting to sarcastically roll at her eyes at her boyfriend's next comment. "Well I'm coming in case he flirts with you."

"I'm literally taking this dude's gradation pics there not much going on." Jaein reassured him but obviously that didn't work.

"I'm still coming, just because." Haechan pouted. Jaein packed her laptop into her tote bag and got up. She brought her hands to his cheeks and gave him a kiss on his lips.

"Okay lover boy. You're coming. Also, take a deep breath. You look like you're about to murder someone right now."

-

"What's all the commotion going on?" Jaein and Haechan were walking hand in hand inside the hallways. Based on the voices, there were two females in argument but Jaein recognized one of the voices.

"It's definitely Hyunji." Jaein dragged Haechan along with her which also concerned him too since it was his cousin's girlfriend that Jaein was talking about.

And there is was. Miyoung is trying to rat out Hyunji about their past again while she's just tired of trying to justify herself. Hyunji felt mentally drained.

"Jaein don't-" Haechan tried to pull the girl back but she was already there.

"Look, Minyoung. I don't really care about how you and my friend here had a past but trauma dumping everyday is not okay." Jaein stood next to Hyunji who was on the brink of tears. "You are literally such a petty child who just wants attention. I don't care if you don't get what you want but I don't understand why you don't know the concept of moving on."

"In fact." Jeno suddenly stopped in, blocking his girlfriend. "If you dare hurt Hyunji one more time or Jaein, I won't hesitate to hurt you."

And Miyoung's eyes trembled seeing that two people had stood against her in favor of Hyunji. She bolted.

Jaein and Jeno made a signal where he's gonna take care of Hyunji and that Jaein goes back to Haechan, engulfing him into a hug.

"I should probably ask her what really happened...." Jaein looked up at her boyfriends in the hallways as the crowd started to disappear slowly. "I'm worried."

"I know you are." Haechan caressed her face and planted a kiss on her nose. "But you most likely have to wait when she's ready. You'll get to talk to her soon. Don't worry."

"Okay." Jaein's frown turned upside down as she waited on the other side of the hallway with Haechan while they watched Jeno and Hyunji calm down from far away.

-

Hyunji and Jaein sat at a beach at the university's courtyard while their boyfriends went to the field to play some soccer with their classmates. Classes were done for the day so it was pretty much free time.

"I owe you an explanation." Hyunji dabbed her tears that were threatening to fall. "I just wasn't the greatest friend in the past and honestly what I did to Miyoung was true. I was so overwhelmed with popularity at the time that I forgot that she was part of the reason too. And honestly I came to SNU for a fresh start but now I just realize how much of a shit person I was back then."

"It's okay. We have all of our moments. I mean I wasn't the greatest either to be honest. I should've listened to Haechan better." Jaein shrugged, reminding herself on how she was like back then. Her memories became more and more clear now that she's back into reality. "I'm sure you're much better now and honestly I still love you as a friend."

"Honestly, I thought Jeno would break up with me after what he heard...." Hyunji wiped her tears that were falling down. "But turns out he told me that he only cares about who I am now."

"Jeno is the most loyal man you would probably meet to be honest." Jaein added her comment, opening a hug to Hyunji. "Better?"

Hyunji hesitated at first, seeing how Jaein was extremely forgiving but later gave in to reciprocate that same hug.

"Better."

-

Jaein invited her sweet boyfriend to their family dinner tonight and it was fascinating news to Mrs. Na that Jaein and Haechan were official.

"Sweetheart, I want to let you know that you're such a well mannered man. Please take care of my daughter well." Mrs. Na was putting more food on Haechan's plate.

"I will. Thank you." Haechan politely bowed while the two siblings were just nudging each other, just because.

"Haechan's the only boy she ever brought home Eomma." Jaemin pointed that out to her and she looked at her son.

"Yeah. I know." Mrs. Na replied right away. "But I think I would have much trouble if the boy she brings home isn't Haechan."

"Eomma!" Jaein exclaimed covering her mouth to hide her blushing cheeks.

"What? Am I wrong?" Mrs. Na smirked at her daughter who was all flustered.

"I don't think you are ma'am." Haechan cheekily pinched Jaein's cheeks and the dinner continued with a lot of laughter after that.

-

Haechan invited himself to her room, placing his duffel bag on her foot towards the wall and laid on the bed. Jaein was about to tell him to leave after embarrassing her at dinner but she was glad that he was staying over for the night.

"Your mother is pretty nice." Haechan played with his hands while Jaein just sat on the bed next to his lying figure.

"It's not the first time you met her." Jaein made a statement back at him. Just then Haechan pulled her by the hand and she made a helping sound. She was lying on top of him.

"Yeah, well first time after we got back together." Haechan pecked her lips.

"After a long process." Jaein pouted, leaning against his shoulder. "I'm sorry that I didn't come around sooner."

"You don't have to be sorry for everything, you know that right?" Haechan caressed her back with his hand. He looked at her and cupped her cheeks, allowing her to look at him.

"Yeah, I wish I listened." Jaein mumbled under her voice.

"Na Jaein."

Haechan's stern voice trickled the feels down her spine. Her heart was beating rapidly by the sudden change of tone.

"I love you so please stop saying those things about yourself." Haechan wrapped his two arms around her.

"I love you too." Jaein mumbled, feeling happy and reassured that there was no man better than Lee Haechan. Haechan leaned in for a peck on the lips but Jaein pulled him again for an actual kiss. She let go for after some time, hues of red on her cheeks. His were the same but they weren't as significant.

"You stink, go take a shower." Jaein's tone of voice changed to a child's tone where they roast their young uncles. Haechan giggled and got up from the bed, still arms around her.

"Cuddles for the night?" The older suggested and Jaein beamed into the happiest smile ever, pecking his lips.

"Yes, more than anything."