twenty six

"Let's break up Haechan. I literally cannot do this anymore."

"Na Jaein, what the hell is wrong with you?" Haechan grabbed onto Jaein's wrist, the girl getting on the merge of being angry. "I'm telling you, Nayeon isn't a good friend. I've heard things about her. She's going to hurt you."

"You don't get to fucking choose who I hangout with. She's always been nice to me." Jaein remarked against him, raising her voice. "I'm literally a college student now so I have the freedom."

"Yeah, but it doesn't mean you get to make dumb choices." Haechan tried to reason with her but it didn't seem like it would get into her mind. "You are not listening to me for fucks sake."

"I'm not being fucking dumb, and let go of me." Jaein shook her arm out of Haechan's grasp. "I'm so tired of all your complaining."

"I'm so tired on the fact that you don't listen to me." Haechan made his way to leave Jaein in the hallways alone. "Don't even bother coming back to me."

"Whatever Lee Haechan. You don't need to worry about me anymore. I'm not relevant anyways."

-

Jaein woke up in the morning due to her alarm setting off at 9am. She stretched her limbs and got up right away, excited for the day. She had a call with the couple last night after talking to her brother about the rest of the details and was looking forward to today.

But the nightmare she had wasn't so settling. Jaein wished she could turn back time and trusted Haechan then. Now, she can't really do anything about it and just own it up. But it hurts her heart every time when she thinks about it.

"Jaein! We're gonna leave in an hour so get ready!" Jaemin called from downstairs making breakfast for the two as the two siblings got ready individually, with the inclusion of eating breakfast.

Jaein got ready and changed and brought her camera. She also ate breakfast with Jaemin and now made their way to their destination. It was a botanical garden outside of Seoul and everyone was there-well not really.

There was Jena and her bridesmaids were Alice, Erin, and Hyunji while Doyoung had his grooms consisting of Haechan, Mark and Jeno. Presuming who the pairs were gonna be, Jaein didn't think Haechan would pair with Alice but given the situation they looked like two crackheads instead.

"Alright guys, let's just take our picture and then you guys can go home." Jena gathered everyone together. All the girls were in light blue dresses while the guys had black suits with light blue tire.

Jaein took pictures of different poses, different sceneries while Jaemin was the emotional support to supply them with water and snacks. It went very well and it took about 2 hours with the bridesmaids and another 2 hours with the couple themselves.

Surprisingly, Haechan stayed the entire time even when his time was up. When Jaein needed assistance, she asked and Haechan fulfilled the request right away. When Jaein needed water, Haechan literally held the bottle for her to drink from it while she had a camera on her.

"Jaein, these pictures look so great!" Jena complimented the younger girl and Doyoung was also satisfied.

"Thank you so much for taking these for us." Doyoung smiled at the younger. "Do you think you can get these edited within 3 days? I know our wedding is next week but I hope that we can release some of them to print it. Extra bucks for you for sure."

"That would be fine. I can probably get them within that time frame." Jaein packed up her camera belongings and carried away.

"Thank you so much and I really appreciate you." Doyoung looked at Jaemin who smiled. "And Jaemin who was also there for us to provided us with stuff to fill our stomachs."

"The pleasure is all mine." Jaemin smiled. "Thanks for choosing Jaein."

"Of course! We heard that Jaein did photography herself too so we wanted to check it out and I'm thankful and impressed." Jena complimented the girl and Jaein thanked them.

After cleaning up, Jena and Doyoung went home while Jaemin was loading the car. Jaein and Haechan stood next to Jaemin's car to finally have their talk.

"Why did you stay? You could've gone home and gotten all the rest you need?" That was the first question Jaein said to Haechan and he didn't expect her to ask that first thing.

"I had nothing to do and I should get use of Vitamin D anyways." Haechan responded without question, it was partially true but also partially a lie. Maybe he just wanted to see Jaein at work in which indeed she was very good at, a different kind of breed from Jaemin.

"That's valid."

"The photoshoot was pretty fun today." Jaein started up a different conversation. "Everyone looked pretty and handsome. You looked really handsome too."

Jaein then saw that Haechan's hair was not black anymore but it was a light brown hair that was more on the beige side. She honestly admired his new look and believe that Haechan was prettier every time she saw him. "Wait! When did you dye your hair? It looks really good on you!"

"This morning actually." Haechan ruffled his hair to adjust it so that it's not all messy. "It's for the wedding, but it's a good thing that you like it."

"And what if I don't like it?" Jaein confusingly asked.

"Then I would dye it back." Haechan simply spoke. "Problem solved."

Jaein looked at her hair and realized she hasn't gotten a proper haircut. Now that she is thinking about it she should get her hair done.

"Thinking about getting your hair done?" Haechan asked the girl who was looking at her hair.

"Yeah." Jaein just shrugged. "Not my priority though."

"How about we go on Monday? We can go out too." Haechan suggested and the girl lightened up with a smile.

"That's two days from now but it is honestly a very great idea! Let's do it." Jaein raised her fists up in excitement while Haechan lowly smiled that his plan worked.

I can give her the dress she wanted to wear at the wedding

"Are you doing anything later today?" Haechan asked the girl but Jaemin interrupted their conversation. Jaein and Haechan diverted their attention towards Jaemin.

"Actually, Jeno invited all the boys, Erin, Hyunji, and Jaein to a last minute sleepover party so we can get drunk. Literally just now, check the boys group chat." Jaemin held his phone and gestured Haechan's to check his phone and indeed 10 minutes ago Jeno sent that message to the group chat.

"I guess that's the plan." Haechan turned off his phone and slid it in to his pocket.

"Okay! We'll see you later." Jaemin got into the car first while Jaein just stood there looking at Haechan.

In a short moment, Haechan felt an arm wrapped around him and he looked down. Jaein was hugging him but she faced her head to the side and was pressed against his chest. Haechan slowly raised his hands to wrap his arms around Jaein too to reciprocate the hug. Quickly, they both removed from the hug and Jaein held his hands softly.

"I'll see you later Haechan." Jaein let go of his hands, gave him a wave and she went into his car.

"See you later Jaein." Haechan watched her get into the car safety. He went into his car too shortly after. He was looking into the mirror and grabbing onto his steering and realized that his BPM went up because of her.

Oh god.

-

Reference for current hair colors
Jena: Brown with Highlights, long hair, curtain bangs, layered
Alice: Dark blue but it looks black, long hair, no bangs
Erin: black, never dyed, bangs, mid length hair, layers
Hyunji: black, never dyed, mid length hair, layers
Jaein: black, never dyed, long hair