Break

(Y/n's pov)

I was currently sat next to Ao'nung and I had a sleeping Taranete in my lap.

"Ao'nung I'm so mad at spider" I saw quietly as ti not wake up my beautiful son.

"I am too. What do you think there going to do about him?" He asks curiosity stroking my hair before kissing the top of my head.

"A lot of my family want to have him exiled from the tribe and i do too. I mean it's not even the fact that he saved his dad because i can partially understand that but it's the fact he came straight after to my fucking mourning family and let my dad practically call him family"

"He also did not think to tell us that our worst enemy has been alive for two years and probably planning on how to find and attach is!" I whisper shout.

"I know darling. It's frustrating and I'm as mad as you are but we can't let that influence Taranete. I think we should take him to the reef just us three. Have a break you know"

I nod at his thought because it wouldn't be the worst idea in the world.

In fact I need a break from this tribe especially considering I'm 18 with an almost 2 year old and I'm expected to also become clan leader one day.

Well that's still up for debate because I'm not sure I really want to be a clan leader.

So a little while ago i did talk to lo'ak about it and he said if he had the chance he would be clan leader so I might just give it to him.

Because if you also think about it I would want Taranete to have siblings and I don't want them to have the biggest age gap so that could happen in the next year or two.

Which is kind of scary to think I could have two kids before I'm 20 but I always knew I wanted a big family.

I mean I wouldn't say me and Ao'nung are trying for a baby but we do still have time away from our son often and we let eywa plan for us when we should have our next one.

Well I've never really spoken to Ao'nung if he wanted another one.

Wait whag id he doesn't.

"Ao'nung would you want another kid?" I meekly ask a little scared if what his response could be.

I can tell he's looking at me and really thinking of what to say and how to word it.

"I mean I'm just letting eywa guide us. Whatever happens happens" i look up into his gorgeous eyes and smile.

"Do you remember when you punched me in the face when we first met" I smile thinking back on the memory.

"And then you tried hitting me again a nd got annoyed when it didn't hit me" he mocks sarcastically.

"Shut up" I snap back giggling a little bit.

"Shush you might wake him" he replies softly staring down at our son.

"I want to make sure he's brought up in a safe environment unlike me and my siblings" I say out of nowhere.

It's not that my parents weren't good parents because they are and they would do anything for us kids but we werent always in the safest situations.

Especially tuk bless her.

~~~~~

(The next day)

Me, Taranete and Ao'nung are heading back to the reef.

Me and Ao'nung decided we needed a break from the forest so we were going to the reef.

We could see neteyam at the soul tree and Taranete and Yolak can mess around together.

But more so me and Ao'nung needed some alone time to just be together and actually act like teenagers so tonowari said he would look after Taranete while we had a few days in the reef.

I talked it over with my parents and they were fine with it because that's three less people to worry about and they were trying to help a lot because kiri was still a bit of an emotional wreck.

Oh and spider was said to stay in the labs until they decided whag they wanted to do with them.

A/N:

Another chapter because I'm trying to really wrap this story up because I have one to many unfinished stories.

Appreciation for all my readers 🙏🏻🙏🏻