45. Relationship In The Open Part 2

Y/n's POV:

Grandpa stayed over for 4 more days after that, it was sad thinking that in a few days not only would he be gone, he couldn't even be in the country. I settled on just spending every minute with him that I could.

Grandpa asked my parents if we could have a sit down meal on his last day here and they agreed. I asked if I could invite a Klitz and my dad asked why. I just said that Klitz had met grandpa a few days ago and that they seemed to get along, my dad soon agreed.

Klitz told me that he was going to tell his mom the same day, before he told my parents. The original plan was that I would tell my parents first to get the worst done first but we just wanted to get it all over and done with in one day. I asked if Klitz wanted me to be there when he told her but he said that I don't have to and that it might even be better that I'm not so his mom could cry at the fact he had a girlfriend without being embarrassed....she's an emotional woman.

I called him beforehand to tell him I love him and good luck and after about an hour he called back.

'She cried. I felt bad. She was mad that I didn't tell her about our relationship sooner and I told her that we just didn't want pressure on ourselves and she got even more mad but she didn't shout. I gave her a hug and a coffee and left her for a bit then she came and said sorry and that she is happy for me. Then she started saying that she hopes i'm using condoms and I told her that we weren't even having sex which she somehow believed. So not good but definitely not bad..apart from....hearing my mom saying the word condoms.'

When the food was nearly cooked I threw a pebble at Klitz's window to let him know to come over. He kept looking at the mirror and fixing his hair and just gave a thumbs up to me.

I went downstairs and plopped onto the couch next to grandpa. He was watching some old action movie from the 80's.

I bounced my leg and twiddled my thumbs while I waited for Klitz. I'd already told grandpa that tonight is the night I was going to tell them.

'Nervous?' He said, taking notice of my fidgeting.

'Yeah.' I sighed.

'Don't worry, it's not like they can stop you, you're 18 now. And if they shout we can just leave and I can take you to bowling or crazy golf or something.' He said while nudging my shoulder with his. I smiled back until I heard a knock on the door and all my anxiety came flooding back.

'I'LL GET IT.' I shouted to my parents who were plating things up in the kitchen.

When I opened the door I flashed a quick smile at Klitz before inspecting him and flattening out his already ironed clothes and fixing his already fixed hair.

'Foods already ready, I'll try and do most of the talking but bring up that uh...you drive and your grades and that uh the food's good.' I muttered while buttoning up the very top button on his shirt. Klitz put his hands on mine and moved them away from his shirt.

'Y/n it's going to be fine.' He said with a smile before placing a quick gentle kiss on my lips. I smiled and nodded and led him inside.

Once the door closed my mom poked her head from out of the kitchen door, 'Oh hi Tim, perfect timing. Come in everyone, sit down.'

'Good to see you again Peter.' Klitz said with his hand out to shake his while my grandad stood up.

'No need for that.' My grandad said while hitting away Klitz's hand and pulling him into a hug. 'Good to see you too, Klitz.' He said while slightly too aggressively patting his back.

Me, Klitz and grandad made our way to the kitchen/ dining room . Me and Klitz sat next to each other, my mom across from me and my dad across from him and my grandad at the head of the table.