47. New Life

Y/n's POV:

The plane ride was irritating and excruciatingly long but so exciting knowing that we were going to spend our first night in our own home for the very first time.

Going from the airport to the apartment complex was even more annoying considering we had so many bags we could barely even carry them without falling over.

When we got to the apartment complex we picked up our keys at the front desk.

'I'm glad we chose to live somewhere with an elevator.' I muttered while hauling the bags into the elevator.

When we got to our apartment Klitz sat down his bags and got the keys out of his pocket.

'Ready?' He grinned while putting the key to the lock.

'So ready.' I grinned back.

He unlocked the door and swung it open then switched the lights on. We dumped our bags to the side and just looked around for a second. The furniture that was here when we visited was now gone and it was empty, all the furniture that was there was a mattress on the floor of the bedroom.

To anyone else it would probably look depressing but to us it was amazing. It was our own.

Klitz closed the door and looked around for another second before wrapping his arms around me and hugging me tight.

We had 3 more weeks until our classes started but we came early since we needed to sort out the apartment. The first night should have been horrible, we hadn't eaten because we forgot to get food on the way home and the mattress on the floor was hard and springy but we were so happy to even care about the springs stabbing us in the backs and our stomachs shouting at us to eat.

On the first morning I woke up with the sun beaming through the blinds and going straight into my eyes. I rubbed my eyes and turned around to Klitz sleeping while laying on his forearm. I scooted closer to him and wrapped my arms around his torso and placed multiple kisses on his lips until he hummed against my lips and eventually started kissing back.
'Morning.' He mumbled against my lips.

'Morning.' I mumbled back. He pulled back and brushed the hair from out of my face and smiled.

'Your so pretty in the morning.'

'So are you.' I said while brushing the hair out of his face too.

That day we went furniture shopping and bought a black fluffy sofa, a TV, a black rug to match the couch, kitchen utensils, a bed, a new mattress, drawers and a wardrobe.

We paid to get our furniture delivered and assembled for us, thank god because neither me or Klitz were very hands on.

While the assembling guys were doing their thing, we went to the store and did our food shop.

Going places was annoying because we didn't know the area yet so we couldn't walk and Klitz's car was being brought over to us by ferry but it wouldn't get here for another week.

By around 6PM we had all of the furniture we bought brought to us and set up and our cupboards were filled with food.

Me and Klitz have now lived in Connecticut for two months. Within two weeks of us being at the apartment, the whole place was completely decorated and furnished.

We loved our apartment so much, we decorated it in a way which we both like. Klitz had all of his book and posters of his sci-fi movies and comics plastered on the walls and I had my band posters and sex pistols merch littered all around the apartment and my used canvas' leaning against the walls of our bedroom. The night we were adding our very last touches to the apartment I said to Klitz that we were finally done and he grinned and grabbed my wrist, pulling me into our room.