Chapter 14

Chapter 14

    Lu Rengu turned a page of the book without raising his head: "What are you doing?"

    Lu Rengu has too many enemies, and there have been many assassins since he ascended the throne.

    As the emperor's most close minister, as well as the commander-in-chief of the Golden Wolf Guard and the commander-in-chief of the palace guards, Zou Qi has always been cautious in his work.

    People who came to see Lu Rengu, whether they were civil servants or military generals, or the few remaining royal relatives, he would always ask why they came. This is his duty and the power entrusted to him by the emperor.

    The courtiers once criticized Zou Qi for having too much power in his hands for a long time, which might be detrimental to the imperial power, but Lu Rengu ignored them all.

    Who has a good heart and who has a bad heart, he knows better than anyone else.

    Fortunately, Zou Qi is also a big-hearted man, he can say whatever he likes outside, scold him however he likes, he is still open and frank, he does his own way, and he is only for His Majesty.

    Zou Qi replied: "Young Master Liu wants to ask His Majesty for a favor to take Beauty Liu home."

    Hearing this, Lu Rengu seemed interested, and finally moved his eyes away from the book and looked at Zou Qi. "Reason?"

    Zou Qi: "It is said that Liu Meiren is young and ignorant, and does not know the rules, so he may offend His Majesty. It is said that he came back from Jiangnan specially for Liu Meiren. The mansion is in a hurry to enter the palace."

    Lu Rengu: "This elder brother is more humane than his prime minister father."

    Zou Qi: "Yes, I heard that the relationship between the two brothers and sisters was very good when they were young."

    Lu Rengu He has always been generous to those who value love and righteousness, and he replied: "In that case, let's see each other." After a while,

    Liu Silin arrived, and knelt down to pay his respects: "Little Liu Silin, see Your Majesty."

    Lu Rengu put down the scroll in his hand , looked up.

    Liu Silin is nineteen years old, tall and slender, with a handsome appearance, similar to Liu Meiren in appearance, one can tell at a glance that they are brothers and sisters of the same mother.

    Looking at Liu Xiang's face in the past, Lu Rengu felt very displeased, but now seeing Liu Silin, he finds it quite pleasing to the eye.

    Lu Rengu looked at it for a while, and said: "Be flat, give me a seat."

    Liu Silin Xie En got up, sat on the chair brought by the little eunuch, and cut straight to the point: "Your Majesty, the villain came here today to ask for His Majesty's permission. The villain will take the villain's younger sister home."

    On the way here just now, he had already inquired with the little eunuch who led the way, and the younger sister is still alive and well today.

    But thinking of so many concubines who died inexplicably recently, and thinking about the relationship between his father and His Majesty, he was still apprehensive for a while, and couldn't wait to explain his purpose.

    Liu Silin was direct, while Lu Rengu was more straightforward: "Liu Meiren is very fond of me, you go back." The

    reason why Prime Minister Liu was forced to send a girl from the Liu family to the palace was simply because the old thing was too happy to play before, which provoked him. Not happy anymore. He's unhappy, and he doesn't want to make the old thing feel better.